IGNORED

Signing Stewart

Ian M

• Admin

If we can tie up the signing of MS pretty quickly and maintain the services of Lita & Brooker, this should help us with a few other players.

Luke Wilkshire, who has been rumoured to be unsettled, will appreciate the addition of an intelligent player, one who will spot the balls Luke is capable of playing and will find space for Luke to supply. This will make Luke look like a better footballer and may convince him to see out the remainder of his contract.

If Leroy was contemplating a move, having a striker of Stewart's quality & experience to learn off might change his mind.

Gillespie & Cotterill will benefit immensely from training with Stewart. How many times have we heard young players talking about how much they've learnt off other more experienced players in training when they've moved to a better standard club.

Then, any potential signings could well be spurred on by the thought of a team having a "50 goal strike pairing" up front with Marcus playing just behind them and think "I want a bit of that, that team's going places".

Sign him up Stevie!

As the Pointer Sisters once said, I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

All good points there Madger. Signing MS would have so many positive spin offs. Just a thought though, if MS plays behind the front two or as part of a front three, we'll need tough tackling and swift distributing midfielders and the best and most experienced player of that ilk has just been transfer listed.

Other advantages being that we'll have someone in the dressing room who's played in the Premiership with a degree of success (firing Ipswich into Europe), and as a 'local boy made good', he should serve as an 'inspiration' to all our promising youngsters.

If we can tie up the signing of MS pretty quickly and maintain the services of Lita & Brooker, this should help us with a few other players.

Luke Wilkshire, who has been rumoured to be unsettled, will appreciate the addition of an intelligent player, one who will spot the balls Luke is capable of playing and will find space for Luke to supply. This will make Luke look like a better footballer and may convince him to see out the remainder of his contract.

If Leroy was contemplating a move, having a striker of Stewart's quality & experience to learn off might change his mind.

Gillespie & Cotterill will benefit immensely from training with Stewart. How many times have we heard young players talking about how much they've learnt off other more experienced players in training when they've moved to a better standard club.

Then, any potential signings could well be spurred on by the thought of a team having a "50 goal strike pairing" up front with Marcus playing just behind them and think "I want a bit of that, that team's going places".

Sign him up Stevie!

Intelligent post Madger and I completely agree. Interesting times ahead potentially

Guest taipan

Sign him up Stevie!

Very intelligent, very true.

The only issue is, will some of those players need to be removed from the wage bill in order to accomodade Stewart? In terms of salary, taipan estimates that Stewart will prevent City from siging 2 or 3 younger Leage One/Two based players.

- Another added bonus that I see is that he CAN potentially be that target man that Tinnion is after.

I don't know if anyone has closely watched Marcus play but when he gets the ball played into his feet, it sticks! His close control is brilliant. Therefore as long as we don't hike up high balls to him that fly over his head, he can be a target man.

I would happily see Marcus play alongside Lita/Heff if they're still here, behind 2 strikers in the whole OR alongside Brooker!

I think the word I'm looking for is diverse!

The Marcus Stewart signing would be the best attacking acquisition for the clb since the arrival of 'the Goat'.

As the kids say these days . . . . . . . . . . End of.

NB. Although i must express initial hesitancy toward playing him behind the front 2. An embarrasmen of attacking riches should not compromise the team tactics. I think we have all seen that 4-3-3 didnt work and I'm not sure the acquisition of Marcus should lead anyone to believe it would succeed.

Archived