IGNORED

Squad Size

CTRed

Looking through the squad list tonight I worked out that we are looking at a squad of 20 players currently with the possibility of it going down to 17 or so.

I would suggest that we will be looking to reach a level of 23-25 players come pre-season training inclusive of a new GK. I think we will see at least 6 new faces this summer, will be an interesting off season!.

Current players in my opinion are definite for 05/06;

1: Steve Phillips

2: Jamie Smith

6: Louis Carey

7: Scott Murray

8: Leroy Lita

9: Paul Heffernan

16: Clayton Fortune

17: Bradley Orr

19: Steven Gillespie

21: Ryan Harley

25: Joe Anyinsah

28: Dave Cotterill

29: Scott Brown

32: Steve Brooker

33: Cole Skuse

34: Scott Golbourne

35: Danny Wring

Current players in my opinion will leave;

4: Tommy Doherty

5: Danny Coles

10: Lee Miller

18: Tony Dinning

22: Marc Goodfellow

Current players in my opinion who are uncertain;

14: Luke Wilkshire

15: Craig Woodman

luke wilkshire is a must for us. if we sold him we wouldnt be able to get another player of his quality to come down here, either money wise/not interested in dropping a division. wilkshire is the best creative player in this league just a shame sometimes the players don't read his passes!

I agree about Wilkshire and if it was up to me then he would stay. I think my saying 'uncertain' has led people to believe I am uncertain about them as players - WRONG! I am uncertain as to whether they will be here come pre-season.

I havent been able to get to many games this season,so i have only seen wilkshire play twice i think. Can someone sum him up as a player for me in few lines. I get told by a few mates that he quite eratic in that one week he's fantastic and the next he's not. this true?

I havent been able to get to many games this season,so i have only seen wilkshire play twice i think. Can someone sum him up as a player for me in few lines. I get told by a few mates that he quite eratic in that one week he's fantastic and the next he's not. this true?

No ! banghead.gif

I'd put Lita and Heffernan in the uncertain list. Lita says he wants to stay and Tinman says he wants to keep him but if someone matches the club's valuation he'll go. If they don't Heffs will surely be off.

There must be some doubt about Gillespie too. Having tasted League football elsewhere its assuming alot to think he'll be happy as 4th/5th choice striker again. Even if he's not a first choice starter he'll want to see that his career is progressing with the probability of more regular appearances.

It's Cotterill's preferred position too - and it may well be that of the two youngsters Tinman rates him higher.

Luke is an international midfielder who has a very quick thinking brain regards passes, unfortunately other players do not read the game as quick as he does and unfortunately makes it look like Luke is passing to no one.

He is probably better than what Tinman was at his age and I believe building the team around him can be the best thing for BCFC to do. At the beginning of the season he was played on the left side of midfield which is obviously not his best position.

During March when we needed to win games he got dropped at we played the long ball game to no avail, When Luke is in the team we certainly look like a passing team and is vital to BCFC. Get to more games and see for yourself.

Archived