IGNORED

Fcf/fcc Meeting

StapleHillPhil

I know you guys arent the best at providing feedback but was there anything discussed that might be of interest to those of us not involved?

Were any horrible badges, shirts, etc, etc proposed by the club?

Yes,meeting took place - couldn't make it due to Supporters Club meeting.

But it appears that BT made the stage & Q&A session for an hour.

Sure meetings & details will be on main site later.

TomF was in attendance.

I was waiting for Adam to do an article and the notes from the meeting before starting a topic.

But neverless, I'll try and quickly sumerise first.

Metting kicked off with a bit of a suprise. Brian Tinnion sat down and did a very open and frank Q&A session with the FCF. He didn't really dodge any of the questions put to him although there will be a few comments about what players said to the ref left out of the minutes!

Going on from that we focused on this continuing development of the FCF and trying to work on a mission statement and a aims for the next year.  Its clear from reading on here that there is s sense of a closed shop, a sense of the club using us an excuse to lable things on us. That isn't quite fair on the club.

We are looking at actively listening to fans and being contactable around the ground before home games and there will be a page in the program about the FCF on a regular basis.

Colin talked a bit about the new stand and the tendering process. Looking at the website, alot of this is already covered in news articles.

As we had killed a lot of time with Tins.. we then went onto a bit about the ticketing situation. Quite a few detailed things. Season ticket sales are going as well as expected. There are a few schemes lined up for exiles and away travellers but I think Adam will touch on this fully on the website hopefully.

The discussion turned onto the badge, shirt and all the hoo har behind it. The club accepted that a u-turn was required and agree that in light of the troubles that before they think of changing things that first, proper (not just the FCF) consultation with ALL of the fans would take place.

I think we are getting there on the morals of what we need to do. Certainly the critism on here has helped both the FCF memebers and the club as a whole see that we need to be more pro-active with the fanbase.

I think next season, you'll see more of what the FCF does and also be able to have a much better say in what you want us to do.

Adam probably will round up the report 1000 times better than me. He is attending every meeting to report back on the website what happened so hopefully the communication breakdowns will be a thing of the past smile.gif

Cheers Tom.

Just something fairly important that I think Tom missed out is that all of the e-mails sent to the FCF e-mail address (see main site) were circulated to members prior to the meeting and were discussed.

They were on the whole very positive and I am sure Tom could give you more detail about what was said because I turned up late due to work unfortunately! I actually missed the first half of Brian's Q&A too.

Also, there was more detailed talk around getting the FCF known and accessible to the fans and it was agreed that a mock up of the programme page we will be given next season would be looked at in the next meeting (July time).

The chocolate biscuits were also very nice and I am shocked that Tom did not mention these!! ohmy.gif

Archived