IGNORED

Toughest Pubs

StapleHillPhil

Guest djcoakes
Now - see above.

That show should of included the peagus on Graystoke have in Southmead. If your a outsider you dare not walk in that pub.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That show should of included the peagus on Graystoke have in Southmead. If your a outsider you dare not walk in that pub.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate of mine walked in there and was asked by the barman "Be thee a meader ?" when he said no the bloke refused to serve him and advised him to leave for his own safety

Ask MaloneFM, he mixes in those circles.

Rog Malone used to frequent The Inns of Court Pub and The Venture - both quality establishments. whistling.gif

Unfortunatley both are now closed down , so Rog now makes do with the trendy wine bars in town with his broadcasting pals ......and Dr Faustus!

Guest mikethemunch

I think the Hartcliffe Inn is a good shout.

I visited once on a Saturday afternoon a few years ago. At 2pm it was heaving the tv was on the racing when a guy got up and turned it over to which another guy turned it back to the racing. This went on several times until one guy smacked the other which then resulted in a mass brawl.

We made our excuses and left.....quality

Guest MaloneFM

Ladies and gentlemen it appears one or two ruffians on here are predispositioning my refreshement facilitations.

Or where one cares to knock one back.

As stated on numerous occasions I favour the snug of the Pilgrim where myself Mr Hugh Johns, Mr Matthew Lorenzo and Mr Gerald 'cinema' Sinstatd repair over our Pimms to survey the world of the leather ball.

Whereas in the public bar amongst the rough shod working scum is the medical man of mirth one Dr Faustus. On thankfully rare occasions he seems to greet me as if I have some kind of kinship with the fellow by bellowing from along the bar:

'MALONE YOU OLD POOF...STILL KNOCKING BACK THE PIMMS WITH THOSE OTHER BANDITS?'

As you can tell by this comment I have no time for the fellow, his blue and grey shirt with the curry stains down it, his ginger hair, his pot belly and his several different kids. Most of whom are called either 'Gerry' or if its a girl 'Francis'.

And so dear readers and I have reliable witnesses in KNR and a character witness in the Tactical Genius. I stray no farther than this establishment.

Except for sometimes when the gentlemen and myself are feeling adventuruous we do keep company with the confirmed bachlors club at either 'The Elepant' or 'The Queens Shilling' in town.

Capital chaps but they have a thing for big moustaches and Bronski Beat.

I always look at the one on the Front Line and think I wouldn't even venture within 300 yards of it.

Duke of Wessex i think its called, just looks rough as a badgers arse  laugh.gif

yeah been in there a few times and not for the faint hearted.

i used to live in st.pauls for a couple of years and when

local you need a pub, but st.pauls inkerman is by far a different

world as pubs go.

not so long ago they had a fire work rocket fight from that pub

v the black and white cafe in the street, crazy w00t.gif

Guest MaloneFM
blink.gif What does that mean? unsure.gif

To quote the League of Gentlemen...'are you local?'

Although having had personal experience of the Peggy, The Standard and The Bear and Rugged Staff on Southmead Road it sounds like the barman was from Zummerzet, a tourist himself and therefore close to death.

The usual conversation goes like this...

yes mate?

Guinness please

lager?

no Guinness

Fosters?

umm...Guinness?

LAGER!

.......yeah ok...pint please...ta!

Guest DrFaustus
Whereas in the public bar amongst the rough shod working scum is the medical man of mirth one Dr Faustus. On thankfully rare occasions he seems to greet me as if I have some kind of kinship with the fellow by bellowing from along the bar:

'MALONE YOU OLD POOF...STILL KNOCKING BACK THE PIMMS WITH THOSE OTHER BANDITS?'

As you can tell by this comment I have no time for the fellow, his blue and grey shirt with the curry stains down it, his ginger hair, his pot belly and his several different kids. Most of whom are called either 'Gerry' or if its a girl 'Francis'. 

Throw all the abuse you like, Mr Doonican - but don't EVER accuse me of having ginger hair. blink.gif

Guest MaloneFM
Throw all the abuse you like, Mr Doonican - but don't EVER accuse me of having ginger hair. blink.gif

Oh come on love, strawberry blonde? And Sinstadt was watching the film for the haunting score.

I believe the second one.

Guest MaloneFM
Don't worry........ the pen will write its way back into the show in a few years........on a masssssssive gurt salary, despite the fact that the pen could never act......

And Todd 'Tucker Jenkins' Carty can love?

Off you go and get your coat. Or whatever the phrase is.

Mate of mine walked in there and was asked by the barman "Be thee a meader ?"  when he said no the bloke refused to serve him and advised him to leave for his own safety

I don't live in Southmead but "I be a meader" 'cause I was born in Southmead Bristol. action-smiley-035.gif

Well, I be a meader born and bred (now in N. Wales via various places) and the only way you would get in the Peggy years ago was by personal invite. Not sure about now, but suspect it's not changed. 

The locals ran the pub not the landlord and, believe me, you didn't really want an invite    rolleyes.gif 

I used to use the old wooden Wayfarer up Brentry way rather than the Southmead pubs - couldn't go in the Standard cause I valued me face, the Treble was trouble and the Welcome (bear and staff) was anything but welcoming.

Happy days  biggrin.gif

I used to work in a video shop in Westbury on Trym back in the 80s and the landlord of the Pegasus used to come in now and again for a film - still drive past the Bear and Rugged glass in the face on the way to work - looks like a very rough house

Archived