IGNORED

Bryan Robson

jimtastic

Radio 5 have been regularly saying that Bryan Robson has redeemed his reputation as a top manager by keeping WBA up. Have they forgotten that:

- WBA were bottom going into the last game of the season

- WBA survived with one of the lowest surviving points totals ever seen in the Premiership.

- If WBA were relegated after their 2-0 win, I don't think the media would be licking Robson's backside quite so much. So essentially, his perceived success has come from the failure of the other relegated managers on the last day of the season.

Basically, I still think he's rubbish wink.gif Any thoughts?

hhhhmmmm this is a tough one. Brian Robson is an average manager and did OK for West Brom when he arrived.

But is the setup at West Brom Premiership standard, yet?

They have a mix of Prem and champ players and did really well to get the result against Portsmouth on the last day when it counted and you could probably thank BR for that.

The set up at West Brom is probably championship standard and a lot of work has to be done on and off the pitch, especially on the pitch, they will not stay up with the current squad and have to start buying quality.

MM

Bryan Robson is an atrocious manager. His record at Middlesbrough, where he was bankrolled to an unbelieveable extent, was and remains a joke. Again at Bradford he signed expensive players and they subsequently plummeted and got relegated.

At West Brom, I don't think he recorded a victory until his 9th or 10th game, at a time when he was booed from the pitch by his own fans. In the end they fluked survival on just 34 points and he was only manager for 50% of the campaign.

Good player though!

BS4

Guest Tactical Genius
Bryan Robson is an atrocious manager.

Bang on. WBA have won 5 of his 26 games in charge, of which 1 was level before Charlton had a player sent off, and another was against a disinterested portsmouth side in the most predictable result of the final day.

The media would have you believe that winning 1 game in every 5 has somehow transformed him into a decent manager.

The other thing that is puzzling me is how Redknapp has largely escaped any criticism for his part in Southampton's downfall.

Guest MaloneFM
The other thing that is puzzling me is how Redknapp has largely escaped any criticism for his part in Southampton's downfall.

Which one? Albert Steptoe or his gormless son Harold?

Guest STFCDude

you also have to remember they were playing portsmouth, southamptons biggest rivals, and portsmouth knew that if west brom won then southampton would in all likelihood, be relegated. its not as if portsmouth gave it their all is it!!

Archived