IGNORED

Decent Game At Minimal Patch

Keepers Ball

For the first time at The Minimal Patch there was a decent game on Tuesday evening.

Avon Youth Cup Final U16

Henbury Colts 3-4 Whitchurch Sports (AET)

Despite Whitchurch going in two-one at half-time,the team re-appeared as a shadow of themselves in the second half not only being outplayed to concede an equaliser,but to concede another within 5 minutes !

Well time was ticking away and with ten minutes to go my son ran onto a pass on the right flank beat two defenders who tried "sandwiching" him and struck a beautiful 15 yard low shot towards the far post.The ball beat the keeper and.."GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL !!! "...the equaliser ! Was I ever proud !

The final whistle went and the game had to be decided on "The Golden Goal" which thankfully Whitchurch got.A sweet free-kick struck in into the corner of the net.

My lad finally got his hands on a winners trophy in his last junior game for Whitchurch Sports

smile.gif

Boy do I feel good for the lad.Proud as punch.Its times like these that remind you how good it is to be a Dad biggrin.gif

For the first time at The Minimal Patch there was a decent game on Tuesday evening.

Avon Youth Cup Final U16

Henbury Colts 3-4 Whitchurch Sports (AET)

Despite Whitchurch going in two-one at half-time,the team re-appeared as a shadow of themselves in the second half not only being outplayed to concede an equaliser,but to concede another within 5 minutes !

Well time was ticking away and with ten minutes to go my son ran onto a pass on the right flank beat two defenders who tried "sandwiching" him and struck a beautiful 15 yard low shot towards the far post.The ball beat the keeper and.."GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL !!! "...the equaliser ! Was I ever proud !

The final whistle went and the game had to be decided on "The Golden Goal" which thankfully Whitchurch got.A sweet free-kick struck in into the corner of the net.

My lad finally got his hands on a winners trophy in his last junior game for Whitchurch Sports

smile.gif

Boy do I feel good for the lad.Proud as punch.Its times like these that remind you how good it is to be a Dad  biggrin.gif

Fair play to the lad!

fair play to you mate. It is reading posts like this that make you realise that you do one day want to be a father and feel the pride that you are so clearly feeling now.

I decided not to have kids with my last girlfriend and am glad a made that decidsion, but I am looking forward to having them when the time is right (please no girls though because I would be WAY too protective!)

Archived