IGNORED

Pat Mccourt Shamrock Rovers To Sign?

Nuno Gomes

Can't personally, but this is what the club themselves say about him:

Patrick McCourt

Midfield - Current Northern Ireland Under 21 international who has signed for Shamrock Rovers from Rochdale. He is equally at home on either the right or left hand side of midfield but is more likely to feature on the left. A very skilful player who skips past opponents with ease, he has been particularly impressive during the pre-season run in.

user posted image

Looks like the club is in serious financial difficulties, and in trouble with the FAI, so welcome the sale.... interesting

That's quite an extensive website to include people that they have had a one week trial.

Sounds like he can either be the find of the decade or anyother Jerhad Muntasser

You like extensive reading? , read this! Admittedly it was written 2 years ago. On the strength of this he sounds like the doc and Dinning rolled into one, and not all the good bits either. Unless he has changed a bargepole spinngs to mind, IMHO.

http://www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk/sport/s/...or_patrick.html

Why not give him a years contract, with the option to extend it for an extra season like Christian Roberts' contract last year?

This is assuming that we've seen something we like in him - we need a left winger and it's driving me nuts that people are getting on his back and calling him 'possibly the next Dinning/Muntasser' before it has even been confirmed that we are interested in him dunno.gif

If he signs I hope people give him a chance....

Why not give him a years contract, with the option to extend it for an extra season like Christian Roberts' contract last year?

This is assuming that we've seen something we like in him - we need a left winger and it's driving me nuts that people are getting on his back and calling him 'possibly the next Dinning/Muntasser' before it has even been confirmed that we are interested in him  dunno.gif

If he signs I hope people give him a chance....

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving players a chance. I've never decided they were bad/good before I've seen them. Like I said the report was written 2 years ago, and well 2 months is a long time in football isn't it?

Maybe after Dinning I feel ultra caucious.He has been a hugely expensive mistake which unsetted the team at a crucial time. I feel not enough about his background was known when he was signed, or maybe it was and either he reassured us that he had changed or facts were ignored? The selling club (Wigan)told us what we wanted to hear maybe. I guess this happens all the time, but I thought the Wigan manager was meant to be Tinnions mate? Maybe he trusted him too much???

All I am saying is I hope the club does their research, we've found out all this in seconds on the net. There must be much more gossip, rumour and facts that the managers etc have access to, and they would of had the player watched on numerous occasions wouldn't they?

I would, and have, supported anyplayer in a City shirt. But i hope you can understand my concerns. dunno.gif

Guest ScottishRed

This is the same Patrick McCourt who was tipped for huge things as a teenager and was then released by Rochdale. Suggests something else isn't right with him. He'll fit in well at Ashton Gate.

Archived