IGNORED

Rovers Move For Hewlett

red as fcuk

It'll be an over achievement in my mind (right now) if we have a good season but with Kingy's ability to bring in good unknown players we may be better than the season just gone... You never know... This division forever goes against the predictions (Brentford).

We'll see.

One thing is for sure though, Hewlett wouldn't have made us a better team!

It'll be an over achievement in my mind (right now) if we have a good season but with Kingy's ability to bring in good unknown players we may be better than the season just gone.

To be honest I was thinking something similar, I see you have been linked with moves for Man U players if we sign Smith (is it tierny?). And we all know that just because the bigger clubs don't want them doesn't make them bad players (Parkin, Lita, Wellens etc).

I suppose it will all come down to money again though, if you have a bit of competition from another club for a players signature, will you be able to compete?

Are you going to have to sign a new team!!? (wonder what the relegation odds will be  whistling.gif )

Swindon are going to end the season with around eight full time pros of which the majority are defenders and the strikers are Fallon & Roberts. Two kids are coming from Bolton, one the amusingly named Ricky Shakes. Finances are virtually non-existent and every out of contract player is touted to move on. I'd say their priority next season is to rebuild. If they are challenging for top-six Andy King is an evil genius.

No swindon fans will be sad to see Matt Hewlett go, many of them are confused as to how he has started so many games.

Hewlett is a confusing one... He made so much progression in his game during 2003/2004 season then went on his holidays and came back forgetting EVERYTHING and never looking like remembering them again! Good riddance.

So many Swindon fans will disagree here but I trust King in this situation... He has the ability to succeed in this situation but has let himself down with his tactics on the pitch (in my opinion)

Some days it's bleak and some days you're given hope with rumours of Tierney, Tony bloomin' Thorpe and Cuerton (only Thorpe has been contacted by King)

We're in a square one scenario which isn't so bad because we never really made it to square two (Play-Off failure)!

Interesting yet nervey times me thinks.

Hewlett is a confusing one... He made so much progression in his game during 2003/2004 season then went on his holidays and came back forgetting EVERYTHING and never looking like remembering them again! Good riddance.

So many Swindon fans will disagree here but I trust King in this situation... He has the ability to succeed in this situation but has let himself down with his tactics on the pitch (in my opinion)

Some days it's bleak and some days you're given hope with rumours of Tierney, Tony bloomin' Thorpe and Cuerton (only Thorpe has been contacted by King)

We're in a square one scenario which isn't so bad because we never really made it to square two (Play-Off failure)!

Interesting yet nervey times me thinks.

At least your board will have a proper ambition this season Rich: Avoiding relegation, instead of the er ambition of the pray offs! razz.gif

Re Hewlett, which would the pikeys want him-even Swindle don't want him?? w00t.gif

At least your board will have a proper ambition this season Rich: Avoiding relegation, instead of the er ambition of the pray offs! razz.gif

Re Hewlett, which would the pikeys want him-even Swindle don't want him?? w00t.gif

You're so bitter in regards to the Play-Offs Bucks... Let that go!

Avoid relegation is a goal to all clubs every season laugh.gif

Guest markreynolds1986

Fair play King is good at bringing in Unknown players but when he has them he doesnt really know how to apply them biggrin.gif , i think Andy King would make one hell of a scout but not a football manager,

You're so bitter in regards to the Play-Offs Bucks... Let that go!

Avoid relegation is a goal to all clubs every season  laugh.gif

Richey my boy..I sure aint bitter about it- cynical, highly i'm afraid. However having endured livin in Wooten Bassett, and watching Central South all the time, and witness the virtual word for word ambitions of your illustrious board, "we'll make the play offs" every season its ever been possible (your short stay in the Prem excepted)..........little ambition as I say: Wigan,Baaaadiff, the Rse, Tranmere, the pikey Seagulls, Plymouthalmighty, Crewe, City, Wednesday, Barnsley, Uddersfield, Dull to name but a few always say promotion, not "pray offs" promotion. sides like Swindle, Boredmuff, the Monkeyhangers go for the pray offs-

Sooooooooooo whats difficult about comprehending that-ambition is auto promotion, pray offs is a lottery, indicating a lack of ambition, as theres no certainty in it, as we all know.

Wether my club makes it or not, City ALWAYS aim for (and usually miss biggrin.gif ) I KNOW they are always aiming for the stars, whereas I know Swindle aim for er the pray offs.

Oh yeah and Tim Russon is THE most @ss kissing journo on ITV sports (Gotta be a Swindle fan- he sure don't treat Oxford or Cheltenham Town so well.

little ambition as I say: Wigan,Baaaadiff, the Rse, Tranmere, the pikey Seagulls, Plymouthalmighty, Crewe, City, Wednesday, Barnsley, Uddersfield, Dull to name but a few always say promotion, not "pray offs" promotion. sides like Swindle, Boredmuff, the Monkeyhangers go for the pray offs-

Sooooooooooo whats difficult about comprehending that-ambition is auto promotion, pray offs is a lottery, indicating a lack of ambition, as theres no certainty in it, as we all know.

Wether my club makes it or not, City ALWAYS aim for (and usually miss  biggrin.gif ) I KNOW they are always aiming for the stars, whereas I know Swindle aim for er the pray offs.

For the record Andy King's goal was automatic promotion this season... we failed.

Thinking back. Throughout my time supporting Swindon (1990)... I can only think of one season where we were genuinely the strongest team in the division (League One 1995/1996) ... We were dark horses going into the 1992/1993 (as was the ill-fated 1989/90 season) Promotion to the top flight campaign.

We are not this club in a big city with big potential. We have to be realistic with our financial restraints. King has the ambition, the board doesn't seem to (which is worrying)... So anyway I digress... There are always at least 3 or 4 teams with financies and the pulling power to bring in better players.

For the record Andy King's goal was automatic promotion this season... we failed.

Thinking back. Throughout my time supporting Swindon (1990)... I can only think of one season where we were genuinely the strongest team in the division (League One 1995/1996) ... We were dark horses going into the 1992/1993 (as was the ill-fated 1989/90 season) Promotion to the top flight campaign.

We are not this club in a big city with big potential. We have to be realistic with our financial restraints. King has the ambition, the board doesn't seem to (which is worrying)... So anyway I digress... There are always at least 3 or 4 teams with financies and the pulling power to bring in better players.

Didnt mention Andy King- I mentioned the board. Every Season you can virtually garantee the interview pre first game with Russon, and youre board will result in the magic words, we're aiming for the playoffs. Andy King would probably be out on his lughole if he said that, and Swindon are very far from being the only skint team in the Division either, the rich boys are mostly gone now.

Archived