IGNORED

Moving To Brizzle

Redminster

Thanks again for the replies.

I think in the short term we are looking at renting more centrally for 6 months, just to suss out which are the good and bad areas. As I'll be a first time buyer, there is no way on earth that I'll be able to afford anything with 2+ bedrooms and parking to buy in a nice area near the centre as they look to be £200k+

So Redland, Clifton, Cotham, Bishopston etc are all out as far as buying is concerned. Bradley Stoke, Emersons Green, Mangotsfield and all that lot are certainly worth a look - which areas around the outskirts are the ones to avoid?

Guest we8thegas

I think in the short term we are looking at renting more centrally for 6 months, just to suss out which are the good and bad areas. As I'll be a first time buyer, there is no way on earth that I'll be able to afford anything with 2+ bedrooms and parking to buy in a nice area near the centre as they look to be £200k+

So Redland, Clifton, Cotham, Bishopston etc are all out as far as buying is concerned. Bradley Stoke, Emersons Green, Mangotsfield and all that lot are certainly worth a look - which areas around the outskirts are the ones to avoid?

All of them dunno.gif Mangotsfield area is o.k to live but the ring road gets very very busy with Emersons Green a nightmare doh.gif Sadley Broke has good and bad areas dotted about,my mate is always moaning about the kids getting on the waste ground firing golf balls around in all directions banghead.gif

Almondsbury/Thornbury might be the best bet dunno.gif and get a pushbike/motorbike

Patchway is getting worse so an old friend says disapointed2se.gif

On the outskirts it is true that Patchway can be a litle rough at times. I know people there so never have any problems but as an "outsider" you wuold need to know which pubs to avoid etc etc

I have never had any trouble at all in about 5 years living in two parts of Bradley Stoke so I obviously I think its fine! The pubs are all perfectly friendly too and there is more and more for people to do including what is now a huge leisure centre!

I would probably avoid having to take the ring road (ie from Mangotsfield) if you will need to travel into town. My journey at 8.15 would take 45 mins Mon - Thurs and 30 Mins Fri (usually) although non-peak times Bradley Stoke --> centre can be done 1n 15-20 minutes. With the new first time buyer schmes it may be worth considering a brand new house?

Pilning. Not near the city centre, a fair distance from the gate, little or no buses, likely you'll be the neighbour of one of our Irish friends.....BUT...

...there are 4 decent pubs and the best kebab you'll ever have sweatingbullets.gif

Tempted? innocent.gif

Abbotts Leigh/ Leigh Woods is pleasant little spot. Will cost you 30p each time you cross the bridge. Not sure how many smaller properties you will pick up over here but you can always have the old butlers room in our west wing if it helps. It would really be super to meet one of those real earthy football types one hears so much about on the television

Brislington.

Close to town. Nice parks.

Unfortionatly you have the stink of one Dr Faustus to contend with. He is a ginger haired blue jackaninny with several feral children all called 'Gerry' or 'Francis'.

But as he lives in the public bar of the Pilgrim with all the ill shod common brawling meth drinkers. I fell he will not blight you life the way he has blighted mine.

The grim is grim!!!

...there are 4 decent pubs and the best kebab you'll ever have  sweatingbullets.gif

4 decent pubs?? Your havin a laugh!! 4 decent fights per night in the pubs yes.... The pubs are actually really badly decorated and not great. the people are quality though - a nice bunch in Pilning!

Best Kebab? Abso bloody lutely!

Archived