IGNORED

Bloc Party

Wardie

i've noticed bloc party are looking like they are going to be the next big thing w00t.gifdance.gif , i was considering buying the album silent alarm but am not sure dunno.gif . Has anyone on here got/listened to it? Basically i just want to know what other people think of it before i go spending my coppers laugh.gif

Cheers in advance

Wardie

I think you will find it is Greenun. Their song Helicopter is very good, and the lyrics that are in his sig are about George Bush. They seem not to like him, as several of their songs are about him/American way of life, but I don't think any are on their album (apart from what me and my mates have decided is a changed version of Helicopter).

Bloc Party Official Site They used to have free samples of their songs on there, but not sure if they do now that tehy are bigger (I believe tehy have sold out the gig at the Carling Academy about 5 or 6 months before it was going ahead).

Rarr I'm no fan of the Bloc Party... Can't understand why so many want to bring the 80's back. I gave it my time listened to a couple of there songs and found them extremely forgettable... Not as bad as the bloomin' Killers though. If I had to choose a band from this new wave of imitation a previous era... I'd pick the Kaiser Chiefs... Inferior lyrically but superior as an entertaining band.

If I want to listen that kind of music I'll listen to better bands like The Cure... And I do!

I've got the album, it is good. It has about 5 really good songs on but the rest simply are album only tracks.

As Rich-TGSC said, I would pick the kaisers too. They are born entertainers. If you get a chance see them live they are awesome! Bloc Party are ok live not so active though.

It's all based on personal preferences, i could listen to the Chili's constantly but couldn't for other bands.

Bloc Party are brilliant. They are the next best thing. They will be around for years to come. Kaiser Chiefs sadly won't be.

Seen Bloc Party live twice - outstanding.

Not sure where the connection with the 80s is that Swindle boy is making - The Bravery and Killers are 80s - Bloc are far more contemporary than that. It's more punk mixed with a bit of dance music.

The album has considerably more than 5 good songs on it as well, it's studded with classics.

Also, everyone should check out their EP which is also excellent with songs like Little Thoughts and The Marshalls Are Dead.

Guest Sharpy50

absolute rubbish - worst live band ever cant believe i paid money to se them - the bass player looks about 8 years old for gods sake. really really overated avoid! disapointed2se.gif massive dissapointment

absolute rubbish - worst live band ever cant believe i paid money to se them - the bass player looks about 8 years old for gods sake. really really overated avoid!  disapointed2se.gif massive dissapointment

I forgot to say, Bloc Party are very much a thinkers band. Very intelligent lyrics and clear messages that they project via their songs.

This means not everyone will understand what they're about - like the numpty above who probably likes the Rasmus.

Bloc Party are brilliant. They are the next best thing. They will be around for years to come. Kaiser Chiefs sadly won't be.

Seen Bloc Party live twice - outstanding.

I am seeing them again in November..I think thats when it is anyway. has silent alarm gone platinum? I can't see t'chiefs being around for a long time but the fact that employment(chiefs album)has gone platinum and was released not so long ago is a fact that the record label will not forget.

I really don't think that Bloc Party will be the next big thing. I feel this is mainly down to the publicity that bloc party have had...other bands like the kaiser chiefs have had much more.

I am seeing them again in November..I think thats when it is anyway. has silent alarm gone platinum? I can't see t'chiefs being around for a long time but the fact that employment(chiefs album)has gone platinum and was released not so long ago is a fact that the record label will not forget.

I really don't think that Bloc Party will be the next big thing. I feel this is mainly down to the publicity that bloc party have had...other bands like the kaiser chiefs have had much more.

You seeing them at Bristol Carling Academy? If so I think it is 25th October. I am also hopefully going to see Television.

Guest Sharpy50

I forgot to say, Bloc Party are very much a thinkers band. Very intelligent lyrics and clear messages that they project via their songs.

This means not everyone will understand what they're about - like the numpty above who probably likes the Rasmus.

thats a bit harsh - the rasmus? numpty? handbags.gif

as for the 'thinkers band' jibe i like all sorts of bands ranging from the smiths and joy division through to radiohead - all are classed as 'thinkers bands', aswell as other bands such as the libertines oasis and the killers etc - in fact I'm goin to watch babyshambles on friday!

the fact is that ive heard the bloc party album several times and saw them live on the nme awards tour and they were really bigged up (by nme suprisingly) and i thought they were terrible! just really really overated - and the guy cant sing live.

I'm insulted!!!! ranting.gif

Archived