IGNORED

Jim Brennan Rumour From A Canary

cheshire_red

Guest WillsbridgeRed

If he's on a free I could see him heading back to Nottingham, but who knows - I think it would be a great move to bring in someone with his ability!

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

A good season in the Prem?? He only played a couple of games! rolleyes.gif

I really don't know what Jim's form has been like in recent years,and he's not exactly getting any younger either....plus he's just an attacking left-back/wing-back really and I don't know if that's what we need filled,probably we need more of a left-sided midfielder who releases the ball better....

A good season in the Prem?? He only played a couple of games! rolleyes.gif

I really don't know what Jim's form has been like in recent years,and he's not exactly getting any younger either....plus he's just an attacking left-back/wing-back really and I don't know if that's what we need filled,probably we need more of a left-sided midfielder who releases the ball better....

We are of course also short of an experienced left back now as well.

With no Mickey 'KFC' Bell we are really only left with Goulbourne who with the best will in the world at 17 is going to strugggle at times if 1st choice left back.

Clayton certainly aint no orthodox left back so we suddenly start to look a little thin in that area.

On a free might not be a bad shout but i'd be surprised if no championship clubs were interested.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

If we're SERIOUS about pushing for promotion, players of Brennans calibre must be signed IF we have a chance of getting them.

I would welcome him back at AG for sure, he's a good player and not 'that' old.

If he's on a free then why not? i can't see why we would not have him back as he's really decent winger, and would provide good cover up & down the left channel, makes perfect sence to sign him. smile.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry i should not laugh, but Woodman is never going to be a first teamer

Woodman was outstanding at one point until Wilson completely boll**ed the kid by firstly dropping him to accommodate Butler and Hill and then playing him on the left of midfield.

He certainly was a first teamer.

Woodman was outstanding at one point until Wilson completely boll**ed the kid by firstly dropping him to accommodate Butler and Hill and then playing him on the left of midfield.

Nonetheless its pretty safe to say he doesnt appear anywhere on the horizon of tinnions plans at the moment.

Fortune aint really a left back and goldbourne is 17 and is bound to suffer the dips in form that kids do as well as needing to rest. To go into the season without some experienced cover would be a little careless.

I'd be surprised if we got Brennan back purely on a financial basis more than anything but some cover might be a wise investment

don't forget he doesn't want to play for us (and don't forget he sucks)

Spot on mate!

Would love to see brennan back at the Gate, can remember the good ol' days when him and tinman were playing down the left together........ wub.gif memories

Fair play, i was not having a dig at Woody, but it sounds like he struggles with the preasure of the first team.

If he can't take the odd bollocking from the gaffer then he has some growing up to do still.

I know what you mean though, players, expecially young need to be nurtured.

Surely this isnt the top of our priority list at the moment ?

And I disagree with the people who say that Goldbourne can't cope as a regular left back. For two very good reasons.

1/ In his appearances so far he's looked perfectly capable and his lack of experience really didnt show.

2/ I seem to remember people saying that Lita wasn't ready for a regular starting place...

I suggested Jim coming to the club about a week ago but apparantly he's too old at 28 years old!?!?!

As regards Goulbourne he might well be able to cope, but if he gets injured, or suspended, or goes away on International duty with England again then we have not got a natural left back to replace him.

p.s One question, how did Craig Woodman ever make it as a pro footballer!!!

Would be a good signing for us, experienced older (28!!!!) fit player. Wills is right if we're serious about promotion, this is the kind of player we need, expereienced at a higher level, and was as I recall a useful player here last time.

Wages will be the main problem........

Very harsh on Woodman to question how he ever made it as a pro footballer!

Technically he is very good, although he maybe lacks a bit of pace and strength. Tinnion questioned his attitude when he sent him off to Torquay and said that he 'didnt want it enough'.

Perhaps a year at a club who were battling against relegation may have improved his attitude and willingness to scrap?

Interestingly, Tinnion said when he released Bell that we already have two left-backs on the books- mentioning Woodman and that we didnt need another one.

Me thinks Brennan is unlikely-he'd be on very big wages.

Fortune has never really had a good game on the left, Woodman seems to be regarded by the manager as not quite good enough, and Golbourne is far too young to be relied upon for a whole season. Wilkshire is far better in the middle and gets found out cutting inside.

We need at least one decent left sided player much more than we need another striker IMO.

If we get Stewart, Heywood and Smith then I'd say the next two signings should be a keeper and a left winger/back.

Nibor

I agree Nibor. It looks as though Stewart and Heywood are definate. You can't rely on Golbourne to play week in week out well at 17, though he will be useful. How come our academy hasn't produced a decent keeper? You can't count Phillips as he was signed from Paulton Rovers I believe. It may be that Smith comes and Wellens in swop for Heff. If so, then a left-sided player is missing as is a back up keeper. We certainly won't be signing anymore strikers, even though some people think we need another target man. Who knows what we are going to do!

Archived