IGNORED

10 Year Ticket Deal Makes Sense

headhunter

I am one of a number of Platinum season ticket holders and an Exec Club member who rebelled against the prospect of the "best seats" in the house being behind the goal.

The original idea of a 2-tier stand [similar to the Away end at Villa Park] almost swayed me in favour but I ask you, the ATYEO crowd, with the "new" Platinum seats in the rows immediatley behind and Executive boxes behind that .... doesn't seem right.

Anyway, the club relented and offered us [those who want to watch from the side] the 10 year deal with next year [05/06] free for £5875. So we get 11 seasons in this arrangement which works out at £534 per season.

Seems a lot but that does give access to a bar before and after the game but with no food [not that it was much cop anyway]. This season [05/06]Exec Club membership [inc food] and Platinum seat will cost £720.

The bottom line is if you factor in 4% inflation [if we go up expect prices to rise by double thatin the first year] to the price of the 11 year ticket I'll save a further £1400 over the period.

ps - I'm not a "prawn sandwich" supporter !!

My point is, how many City fans would be prepared to do a similar scheme for their part of the ground [i.e. a 10 year Dolman for, say, £4500]?

There ARE funding difficulties for the new stand but if 500 fans bought into this arrangement it would raise £2.25 million !!!!

Would you buy if offered and you could afford it ?

but I ask you, the ATYEO crowd, with the "new" Platinum seats in the rows immediatley behind and Executive boxes behind that .... doesn't seem right.

Er are you suggesting that the "Atyeo crowd" (of which I am one) aren't posh enough to grace the new stand ?

In answer to your question if I could afford it then of course I would. Part of my job is assesing value for money over very long periods of time and as you point out, even with modest inflation assumptions - this is a winner over 10 years compared to a standard season ticket or pay on the day.

The trouble is this is true of most things - over its lifetime it actually makes more economic sense to buy a Rolls Royce compared to a Mondeo, but of course most people do not have that sort of capital up front.

If you died I assume you could either will it to family and friends or reliquish it to the club

Er are you suggesting that the "Atyeo crowd" (of which I am one) aren't posh enough to grace the new stand ?

Absolutely not. I sit with the "crowd" at most away games.

More to the point, do you want the prawn brigade behind you separated only by a low barrier [like it is now in front of the Director's Box] - you'll be told to sit down, curb normal football language

Archived