IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Nibor

I just listened to the Tinnion interview from last week linked on the main site.

I've always thought Lita was a good young player who was doing well and might make us a nice a transfer fee. I've changed my mind.

Some of the things Tinnion said about Leroy Lita I found to be absolutely fantastic:

- has told Tinnion he wants to stay and play in the first team here and continue learning at Bristol City

- is in discussions about a new extended contract and Tinn's reckons he'll sign

- wants to stay back after every training session and work on finishing

- celebrates goals in training like he does in a match

I have to say I love this kid's attitude and based on hearing that sort of thing I'd fight tooth and nail to keep him even if offers got to silly levels. Players with an attitude like that combined with his natural talent come along once in a blue moon, and they end up playing at the highest level. Keep him!

On a side note the interview is definitely worth listening to, some other gems about big decisions made this year.

Nibor

Guest Bub The Zombie

he will leave if the moneys right, they all do.

and he will kiss the shirt of his new club and say the same as he does here.

and then if the moneys right he will move again and kiss the badge of his new club and say all the right things.

i think all footballers are shallow money grabbers. mad.gif

Why do you follow a football team, and football in general if you think that about every single footballer dunno.gif bit harsh in my view. only think some are like that but the majority really do want to play for a certain football club and they love it.

Guest Bub The Zombie
Why do you follow a football team, and football in general if you think that about every single footballer dunno.gif  bit harsh in my view. only think some are like that but the majority really do want to play for a certain football club and they love it.

ok a bit, but in todays game its all to true.

i must admit i was proud to see an Englishman lift the champions league trophy

for his local side, but even when asked if he is going to stay after all they have achived he still would not give a answer.

look at it like this if i was captin of city and we had just won the champions league i would say in front of the worlds media i love me club and i would sign on the spot!

to much money being chucked around in footy these days,

loyalty went years ago in football I'm afraid.

Guest BristolRed

Then you know jack about footballers, they are human like you you and me, well not you as your a zombie.

Litas ability on the pitch is matched only by his professionalism of it, hes a really nice lad, wants to win allways and badly wants city to do well, the club and most supporters know this and its why we love him so much.

I love Lita like my little bro, wub.gif and wont have a bad word said about him ok?! mad.gif

Guest BristolRed
ok a bit, but in todays game its all to true.

i must admit i was proud to see an Englishman lift the champions league trophy

for his local side, but even when asked if he is going to stay after all they have achived he still would not give a answer.

look at it like this if i was captin of city and we had just won the champions league i would say in front of the worlds media i love me club and i would sign on the spot!

to much money being chucked around in footy these days,

loyalty went years ago in football I'm afraid.

don't tar them all with the same brush, look at Marcus for a prime example of that! snack.gif

he will leave if the moneys right, they all do.

and he will kiss the shirt of his new club and say the same as he does here.

and then if the moneys right he will move again and kiss the badge of his new club and say all the right things.

Would you put Marcus Stewart in there as a money grabber when he's said he wants to play for his home town club even though he could make far more money in a Championship side?

Some players get seduced by the money and I'm sure none are unhappy about it being well paid, but some actually do love the game and find other things more important than money.

Most footballers I've spoken to are more driven by success and playing at the highest level they can than by money.

Nibor

Guest Bub The Zombie

he is good but not that good.

and i also have feelings even if i am the undead, so i can understand

why not all footballers are shallow, but i have heard this so many times..

Sol campbell, Wayne Rooney , Alan Smith to name three so called Loyal

players

and in reply to the comment " why do you support a football club?"

because its my local team who i love to support and money never comes into that.

Well stone me. I've been saying Lita has had the winning attitude for yonks. It's obvious he's got a love for the game and will score goals at all levels of football. His background in the Congo of playing in a war torn country, bare-footed before moving here means that he doesn't have the same attitude as primadonnas such as Coles or many of our other younger players...

As for Lita saying that he wants to stay at City. I'm not denying he has told Tinnion that but is that really what Lita wants?

That remains to be seen. I expect Lita's agent will be having a busy summer.

Archived