IGNORED

Marc Goodfellow / Paul Heffernan

Guest Bantam Mad

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Both above average attackers at this standard certainly....

Hey BM,do you remember Brian Tinnion?? If so,tell us about him wink.gif

Both players have been frozen out really, Heffernan due SOLELY to the success of the Lita/Brooker partnership and Goodfellow because he was one of Danny Wilsons signings. Heffernan can definately play at this level (Division 3 in old money) but IMO has looked disinterested lately, Goodfellow has mostly done well when played and usually there is a vital contribution (assist/goal) but IMO is too lightweight for this division and does go missing sometimes.

Both players will command fees, Heffernan around £150k+ plus add ons, Goodfellow £35-50k.

BCAGFC

P.s. I thought Bradford City had no money, have you been taken over or something?.

He's been left out because he isn't very good at football.

Incorrect, he's been frozen out because Tinnion doesn't like his attitude.

If you were at either Huddersfield this season or at the Hartlepool home play-off leg last season, when he turned both games around when he entered the field of play you wouldn't be so dismissive of his obvious talent.

Ask Swansea fans what they think about his footballing ability as well.

Guest Bantam Mad

cheers, I'm sure the heffernan rumour was only just that seeing as hes rated at 150.000+. we cant afford.

i do remember tinnion- he had some craft but no consistency. came halfway through a season, went straight in the team and took all the setplays. decent freekicks, his last min pen at elland road on grand national day 1990 was one of the few bright spots of the john docherty era. assured on the ball but no skills though. i think alot of lads didnt like how he went straight in the side- you see he came from reserve football. lads who had been working hard for years trying to earn a place then tinnion the player from the first division, the player who signed pro at st james park before a first team home game when a teenager just goes straight in ahead of them. just a average fullback with a left foot- nothing more. i felt he was very average at fullback for us. he was an average fullback - turned - above average midfielder. he did a job on the left side of a midfield three and scored a lot of good goals in a good little spell- good left foot- but then we lost him to injury and he didnt look so good at all when he came back. went to you lot adn played a few games then the tribunal came to a decision and we found out that you only had to pay slightly over 150.000 which is what we paid a few yrs earlier ! disgrace he left because he wanted more wages and thought we held back his career when we got relegated to the third division ( but in reality he was not powerful enough player in openplay to play midfield at a higher level- the liverool game u had was a oneoff i guess )

If you were at either Huddersfield this season or at the Hartlepool home play-off leg last season, when he turned both games around when he entered the field of play you wouldn't be so dismissive of his obvious talent.

He's an average lower league wide man who offers absolutely nothing to the defensive side of the game. His attitude means he'll never be able to rectify this obvious flaw.

His decision to invest in a top of the range Subaru Impreza may also reveal some psychological problems.

Incorrect again. He's been frozen out because in Tinnion's 500th game for City away at Notts Co, Goodfellow grabbed all the plaudits by scoring a last minute winner on his debut. How dare he! ph34r.gif

Nah, seriously now, I don't understand why everyone is questionning Goodfellow's attitude? To me, he seems to work just as hard as anyone else (when rarely given the opportunity), and I know he's not that great defensively, but lets be honest, someone his size isn't going to be are they. And I don't go along with all this "yeh, but he shirks tackles all the time". He doesn't. He reminds me of Wilkshire. Just because he doesn't go flying in with 2 feet every tackle, it doesn't meen he isn't getting stuck in. He does try to win the ball back, but due to his size, he can't just shrug players of the ball like most players in this division can.

Anyway, to the original point. My opinion of the pair are...

Heffernan - Fox in the box, capable of 20 goals a season. Unfortunate that Lita and Brooker have been on such good form, would be sad to see him leave (which he inevitably will if we sign Stewart).

Goodfellow - Would be in my starting XI. His goals to games ratio is fantastic, and he gets his fair share of assists. Also adds something a little bit different (not many players in this division has skill like he has), and so long as he has a solid left back behind him, the fact that he is slightly lacking on the defensive side of his game shouldn't matter. I would be sad to see him leave (which he inevitably will be because he's transfer listed).

Heff would be a good signing if you've got the cash. Goodfellow isn't worth the bother. He can score but is lightweight, can't defend and seems to go missing for long periods of the game. Is not one who is 'up fo the fight' but has ability. I wouldn't use him and hope we get rid of him soon for some money.

Fair enough. But he didn't like Doherty and Coles attitudes either but neither got dropped for long because of their obvious talent. Goodfellow lacks that.

I was at the Hartlepool game, and many others he played in last season. And though he scored some goals I thought he was largely hopeless. Pace is a handy asset at this level but footballing talent is better, and Goodfellow has almost none of that.

Goodfellow was simply a panic buy by a manager who had finally realised after about 4 months that Luke Wilkshire could not be used as a direct replacement for Scott Murray.

cheers, I'm sure the heffernan rumour was only just that seeing as hes rated at 150.000+. we cant afford.

i do remember tinnion- he had some craft but no consistency. came halfway through a season, went straight in the team and took all the setplays. decent freekicks, his last min pen at elland road on grand national day 1990 was one of the few bright spots of the john docherty era. assured on the ball but no skills though. i think alot of lads didnt like how he went straight in the side- you see he came from reserve football. lads who had been working hard for years trying to earn a place then tinnion the player from the first division, the player who signed pro at st james park before a first team home game when a teenager just goes straight in ahead of them. just a average fullback with a left foot- nothing more. i felt he was very average at fullback for us. he was an average fullback - turned - above average midfielder. he did a job on the left side of a midfield three and scored a lot of good goals in a good little spell- good left foot- but then we lost him to injury and he didnt look so good at all when he came back. went to you lot adn played a few games then the tribunal came to a decision and we found out that you only had to pay slightly over 150.000 which is what we paid a few yrs earlier ! disgrace  he left because he wanted more wages and thought we held back his career when we got relegated to the third division ( but in reality he was not powerful enough player in openplay to play midfield at a higher level- the liverool game u had was a oneoff i guess )

What about his passing ability mate?

Guest Bantam Mad

been reading about goodfellow on stoke sites and it seems he was a really good prospect at stoke ? a winger or striker it seems ? and read alex ferguson tipped him to rise to the top after his display in a friendly against man u.

been reading about goodfellow on stoke sites and it seems he was a really good prospect at stoke ? a winger or striker it seems ? and read alex ferguson tipped him to rise to the top after his display in a friendly against man u.

Yeah we got told that- don't believe their lies.

Guest Bantam Mad

tinnions passing ? overall it was average.

obviously he had a good left foot. he did show plenty of craft when he was moved into the midfield three, but the thing is he also gave the ball away way too much especially after his injury. like i already said- lacked consistency.

tinnions passing ? overall it was average.

obviously he had a good left foot. he did show plenty of craft when he was moved into the midfield three, but the thing is he also gave the ball away way too much especially after his injury. like i already said- lacked consistency.

Then he came to us and was AWESOME! No matter how many people have a go at him I'll never forget how good he was.

Guest Bantam Mad

well he must of found a new lease of life when he went to you lot then. cos under frankie stapleton tinnion looked a shadow of how he was before his injury. he just didnt play for stapleton, i don't know what he had against him.

just before his injury, he had spent his first few months as a midfield player and looked wonderful- assured on the ball, plenty of craft and some bloody good goals- proved to us that he could actually do something in openplay not just setplays. but apart from that little spell ( maybe four months in four years ) he was average.

Well when Danny Wilson switched Tinman from wide left into the centre of midfield he was able to get on the ball more and find more space and so his passing was absolutely out of this world! Just imagine Tinnion being at his BEST for 90 minutes every game,that's what he was like in the 2000/01 season with his skinhead smile.gif

He certainly developed into one of our most dominant players....

Quality left foot city.gif

Archived