IGNORED

Next Season

leadman

looks like there are some good players coming this season, so, will we improve, count tommy out hes gone, lita will go, coles might go, there will be others.

what wories me, last season,overall, even in the games we won, are football wasnt that good, we were battlers (in the end),i prefer to see good football, but if it means getting out this division, ill except anything, i would of thought that a tinnion team would knock the ball around but last season we couldnt pass the ball more than a couple of times before we lost it, i rekon marcus stewart will bag a 30 next season and brooker wont be far behind, i just hope the rest of em are good enough.

would you be happy with a long ball physical team, if it meant promotion, or should we keep to the bristol city way???

looks like there are some good players coming this season, so, will we improve, count tommy out hes gone, lita will go, coles might go, there will be others.

what wories me, last season,overall, even in the games we won, are football wasnt that good, we were battlers (in the end),i prefer to see good football, but if it means getting out this division, ill except anything, i would of thought that a tinnion team would knock the ball around but last season we couldnt pass the ball more than a couple of times before we lost it, i rekon marcus stewart will bag a 30 next season and brooker wont be far behind, i just hope the rest of em are good enough.

would you be happy with a long ball physical team, if it meant promotion, or should we keep to the bristol city way???

I don't think Lita will go. One season wonder until he proves he can do ti again. Surely clubs won't risk it until he can provide the goods again? We played well in the last two games and if we play like that we do well.

Guest cider_kirk
I don't think Lita will go. One season wonder until he proves he can do ti again. Surely clubs won't risk it until he can provide the goods again? We played well in the last two games and if we play like that we do well.

you only have to look at the brighton player leon knight, was poor this season

I think next season we can finish in the top two, although i say that every season. With the firepower of Stewart and Brooker ( i think Lita will go) and a decent squad- which we do have- i see no reason why we cannot finish up there....but saying that, this is Bristol City...anything could happen, but most likely nothing will!

We have it in us to be champions with Stewart, Heywood and a left midfielder all signed prior to pre season training.

Promotion from this hell hole is more important than the style we play. I feel like Bill Murray at the point when he steals the groundhog and drives off the cliff.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I always siad if we get offered a million for Leroy Lita he go on his way,I think Stewart is a better option,with his experience and love for the club he could pull us out of this division at long last.

Make a offer for Nelson now might just get him,after Hartlepool lost yesterday.

I'm not sure that the long ball game and the "Bristol City way" are mutually exclusive.

We don't generally seem to mind long ball as long as there is a purpose to the long passes, and chances are created from them. John Ward's side played a very direct game at times and that seemed pretty popular.

What we don't like is the lazy/panicky aimless hoof down the pitch that has no thought behind it and more often than not no end product. We saw too much of that this season and in my opinion it is more down to a lack of confidence and motivation than tactics.

Of course a manager can decide to instruct his team to get the ball forward early, or to try and play it about a bit, but I don't think any manager is going to tell his players to hoof it aimlessly and give the ball away. That comes from not having the confidence to pick a pass, and it's that that the fans don't like.

The challenge for Tinnion, therefore, is to make sure that he can field a settled team of motivated players who are sufficiently confident in their ability.

Can't remember whether it was Hansen or Lawrenson talking about Bob Paisley. Paisley was talking tactics and one of the players asked whether it meant that Liverpool were going to be a long ball team. Paisley's reply was that Liverpool never played the long ball, only the right ball!

Archived