IGNORED

Next Seasons Favourites

Norton Red

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looks like ladbrokes are going with Forest to win the league next season. Huddersfield also in with a shot, city being offered as 5th choice, what all you guys make of that? On the other side of town, the gas are being offered at 14/1

Nottingham Forest 9/2

Huddersfield Town 8/1

Tranmere Rovers 8/1

Gillingham 11/1

Bristol City 12/1

Barnsley 14/1

Bradford City 14/1

Brentford 14/1

Hartlepool United 14/1

Swansea 18/1

Doncaster 20/1

Walsall 20/1

Yeovil 20/1

Blackpool 25/1

Bournemouth 25/1

Rotherham 25/1

Swindon 25/1

Oldham Athletic 28/1

S****horpe 28/1

Southend 33/1

Colchester 40/1

Chesterfield 50/1

MK Dons 50/1

Port Vale 50/1

Yes it has but I think personally that Forest may not adjust so easily into this division as the bookies make out. How many teams that have come down from the championship(or former division 1) gone straight back up. I can only think of 2 Crewe and Walsall unless anyone can name any others.

Guest Champagne Football

I think that is pretty fair, except Forest should be lower down and Bournemouth look very good at 25/1! That is below Swansea! I would have probably put City at 8/1 though as well. But like everyone is saying, it is quite hard to judge the outcome of the season before all the transfer activity has ben completed in the summer.

Hopefully with longer odds we'll have less pressure on us now. From the pre season Gatepost we were quoted as 6/1 Favourites last season.

Hull were 9/1

Sheff weds 13/1

Luton 15/1

Isn't it usually the play-off losers that are usually favourites to go up? What are Hartlepools odds are they better than ours??

Blackpool, you're havin a laugh ain't you, they were lucky to stay up last season

I think you'll find that their form in the second half of the season was pretty decent and they also played us off the park at our place last season (the Second Half was an embarrassment to watch if you were a City fan). Hendry, a bit like Tinnion, obviously took a while to sort things out and I think they will do a lot better this season.

Guest zider_head

city were a poxy 4/1 with some book makers pre season if i can get a decent bet on at 12/1 i will be on big time if not its good old betfair for me smile.gif but you don't get the liquitly on these long bets on there so may have to do the rounds to get the stake on :P

City @ 12/1 with William Hill or Ladbrokes is in my opinion massive each way value (3/1 top three). An overated Forest have pushed the market out, while the loss of Wednesday has cleared the path way in City's favour. For any wanna bee punters out there don't expect it to last, as several big hitters will be on and other firms are already going around the more realistic 8/1 mark.

Archived