IGNORED

Heywood & Stewart

Bristol Boy

As reported by more local posters than yours truly!

Seems quieter on the Smith & Russell front, who seem the next likely signings.

Then,providing LM sorts his move to chilly jocko land out,we'll see a tall striker (Henderson, Gills?? is out of contract)and a keeper(there are plenty about on frees or Bosmans)

After that,I don't think Tins will venture into the market even if Doherty, Coles or Lita move.The only possibility would perhaps be someone like Coughlan as an additional centre back,particularly in the event that Coles left.

As I've said, I think Tommy is the only one of those three who'll leave, with Woodman another likely departure in the close season.

If our early season goes well, I don't expect much activity in or out this season,even loans, unless we have an injury crisis or a major transfer out like Lita or Phillips for big dough.

A poor start and Tins will come under real pressure.

Currently we're in a strong position to sign all of Stewart, Russell, Smith and Heywood.

But something is bound to go wrong with one of these transfers at least, I just hope it's not Stewart!

Stewart's a class act and, providing he's fit for around forty of our fifty odd League & Cup Games, he ought to make a big difference.

The centre half's key and, as I've said plenty of times,we need two, not one, ball winning centre halves.

Guest alex1089

Heyward is coming to Bristol earlly and Tinnion is leaving later in the day so hopfully they can arrange something quickly. But i am sure that Tinnion dosent have to be there because with Grant Smith there aren't any quotes or pictures of Tinnion with Smith? Steve Lansdown could have Heyward,Smith and Stewart in a press conference tomorrow if all is done and dusted?

Archived