IGNORED

Betting On City To Finish 1st

Ian M

• Admin

Odds comparison site for winning League One

If anyone fancies placing a few quid on us winning League One, I would advise getting on pretty quickly.

Whilst signing Smith, Heywood & Russell might reduce our odds a little, the bookmakers will view the confirmation of signing of Marcus Stewart as a major factor and our odds will shorten accordingly, possibly by 3 or 4 points.

You also have the "non-City fans see us sign MS and climb on us" factor which will see the bookmakers reduce our odds to reduce their liability.

This is why the best odds on Forest you can get are 9/2. It's not primarily because Forest have the best chance of going up but that they are the biggest club now at this level and will attract more money in that position. It's why Weds had relatively short odds despite their 16th place finish in 03/04.

• Admin
Bet365 and SkyBet pretty much mirror odds, both have City 9/1.

Bournemouth at 25 looks a great shout for a fiver.

Depends how they replace BOTH their wide midfielders (Elliot & O'Connor) who left on Bosmans to Burnley. I'd have happily welcomed EITHER to Ashton Gate.

Depends how they replace BOTH their wide midfielders (Elliot & O'Connor) who left on Bosmans to Burnley. I'd have happily welcomed EITHER to Ashton Gate.

In my view, the signing of Wade Elliot would have been far more important to us than the signing of Stewart.

Archived