IGNORED

Swin-e-don!

ciderup

Why are we getting so concerned about STFC. They are obviously skint and ripe for taking. All we have done is take advantage of their misfortune. TOUGH!!!

I for one have one rival team,namely BRFC, not Swindon Town. In some ways I quite miss the Rovers,but,surely the Swindon fans are just showing jealousy that we can-or-cannot- afford to pay a decent wage to players that they have seen fit to release or allow to get to the stage in their contracts that they can leave for nowt! Sorry Swindon fans (admittedly not most on this site) but live with it! If the players we have taken and are roumered to be taken,improve our side then I for one don't care about you. Your rivals are Oxford,NOT BCFC,live with it. IF BCFC have taken advantage of you,fine. We have lost players in the past,Agostino,Cheeseley (age),your problems are not our problems!!!!!

Upwards and onwards(PS Hurry up Marcus).C'mon the City!!!!!

snack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gif

Guest Mrs Cityboy
Why are we getting so concerned about STFC. They are obviously skint and ripe for taking. All we have done is take advantage of their misfortune. TOUGH!!!

I for one have one rival team,namely BRFC, not Swindon Town. In some ways I quite miss the Rovers,but,surely the Swindon fans are just showing jealousy that we can-or-cannot- afford to pay a decent wage to players that they have seen fit to release or allow to get to the stage in their contracts that they can leave for nowt! Sorry Swindon fans (admittedly not most on this site) but live with it! If the players we have taken and are roumered to be taken,improve our side then I for one don't care about you. Your rivals are Oxford,NOT BCFC,live with it. IF BCFC have taken advantage of you,fine. We have lost players in the past,Agostino,Cheeseley (age),your problems are not our problems!!!!!

snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif

I like Swindon and Swindon Town.......... blushing.gif

For those City fans who live in West Wiltshire, Trowbrdige, Wesbury, Warminster etc and there are a lot of us. Swindon do cause a a passing interst, a bit of lively debate on ocassion. I do agree with you though, although I would consider them local rivals, it has to be Rovers, Cardiff, as public enemies of the first degree.

Nobody would have thought that Swindon got Wayne Allison from us on a Bosman with all the abuse and crying that recent transfer dealings have caused.

I guess that green eye of envy is winking again.

Swindon - Your just a small town in Thamesdown! Leave Wiltshire to real west country men.

I like Swindon and Swindon Town..........  blushing.gif

hhmmm Crazy.gif

I agree with uwokeiup and have said it many times, the Gas our the only Rivals, Not Swindle, not Cardiff and certainly not Plymouth.

There are to many posts about them on here, maybe it's because were nicking members of their squad, which I hope are good ones.

MM

Guest Mrs Cityboy
hhmmm  Crazy.gif

I agree with uwokeiup and have said it many times, the Gas our the only Rivals, Not Swindle, not Cardiff and certainly not Plymouth.

There are to many posts about them on here, maybe it's because were nicking members of their squad, which I hope are good ones.

MM

Nothing wrong with liking Swindon, they are my second favourite team! Then Chesterfield, then Sheffield Wednesday......... city.gif

Guest we8thegas

snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif  snack.gif

The muppets got nobody to blame but themselves laugh.gif

We've sold up to now 6000+ST's which i can see exceeding 10000 after stewart and co sign up dance.gif plenty of revenue to sign players correct

Small town in Oxford have sold 500 rofl2br.gif so they can't even offer more than 1 year to the players they want to keep razz.gif and they blame us for offering more security and ambition the w-----s

Offering mediocre support has resulted in the Swindle being in the S--t,TOUGH LUCK farmer.gif

Sorry,Tales from the front.I did not mean to offend you,I just don't understand why we are worrying about the fortunes of a club which I, and a lot of City fans, do not consider to be our local rivals. Oxford and Reading are closer to Swindon Town. I do not care about them! We have taken (will alledgedly take) two of their better players because they are skint! I say TOUGH! I work in Swindon,it's OK. The town I don't mind, the football team----- couldn' care less!

hhmmm  Crazy.gif

MM

the Gas? Hahahaha...they have not been rivals for years now. How can they be our rivals if they are in the basement division? Swindon are our closest local rivals and I guess Yeovil can fall into that category now also. Last season our biggest rivals were Hartlepool, Brentford, Sheff Wed, Bournemouth, Swindon, Tranmere....those were the ones we were competing with to score a play off place!

Why do so many people get so emotional about the Gas still after we've been in different divisions for so long now?

Guest Mrs Cityboy
Why do so many people get so emotional about the Gas still after we've been in different divisions for so long now?

I agree, we should support all teams in Bristol, especially as they arent even in our division! Come on Rovers! ph34r.gif

Sorry,Tales from the front.I did not mean to offend you,I just don't understand why we are worrying about the fortunes of a club which I, and a lot of City fans, do not consider to be our local rivals. Oxford and Reading are closer to Swindon Town. I do not care about them! We have taken (will alledgedly take) two of their better players because they are skint! I say TOUGH! I work in Swindon,it's OK. The town I don't mind, the football team----- couldn' care less!

No offence at all mate.

I to work in Swindon, so know all about their supporters, many being part time, hence the financial problems they have. To be honest there is mutial repsect, I don't get to much stick. Although a few care a lot about their team it is not in the numbers of City or dare I say Rovers.

The point I was making in this part of the west country (Trowbridge and district) there is a three way split of fans who follow the local league clubs, wth City probablly in the acendency, that's why City played a freindly at Devizes last pre-season.

You are right about Oxford they are Swindon no. 1 rivals, but they are envious of City even if they do not admit it. I just hope we live up to that billing next season. Fingers Crossed.

Andrew TN, I must be getting old!!! I do miss the Rovers.Imagine if we had to play them next season in any competition.The Evening post would be full of Bristol VS Bristol. The blues (shouldnt it be b-lose-)are our rivals, Swindon cannot replace them.

By the way, I am inclined to agree about Swindon being jealous!

Guest we8thegas

Barrow Gurney is down A38 from bemmy down,take a right at the lights after the reservoir on the right hand side,follow the white coats from there,can't miss it razz.gif

Sorry,Mrs City Boy,rivalry is part of the game we all love. It doesnt mean a brick in the skull! I look forward to putting 3 or 4 past Rovers SSSSSOOOOO much.It just is not the same with any other club. Ask a Swansea fan who he classes as their main rivals and it would not be us! I do not dislike Rovers fans (I can even understand what the more intelligent ones say) but we are their main rivals and they are ours. Is there a club you don't like or is there a club which you would class as a rival? You seem to love them all.

Guest Dorset Red
...I am inclined to agree about Swindon being jealous!

Jealous? What of? Would it be your stunning record against us last season? Played three, drawn one, lost two. Fantastic! You lot really DO have ideas above your station! Or maybe you all like to view your sad years of under-achievement through collective rose-tinted spectacles.

See you all next season in division three (that's what this league is don't forget).

So I'm a fool.A Rovers fan(if you can find one) will not say Cheltenham are their rivals. He/she would say us. Being in the same division means nothing.Tell me if the Swindon games fire you up like the Bristol derbies used to? I for one miss them.

Jealous? What of? Would it be your stunning record against us last season? Played three, drawn one, lost two. Fantastic! You lot really DO have ideas above your station! Or maybe you all like to view your sad years of under-achievement through collective rose-tinted spectacles.

See you all next season in division three (that's what this league is don't forget).

Jealous enough to come on here and take the bait!

Look at the last 10 years and in that context last seasons effort wasn't to much to get excited about.

As for having ideas above our station...it's called ambition and obviously it depends on what your ambition is. In Swindon's case it will be hoping that Sir Seaton Wills keeps bailing you out. Otherwise by all accounts you will be stumping up another £6 a ticket to watch your team for starters.

Also look on our main site you will see we have already sold 6000+ season tickets more than your average gate next season will be I'll wager. That is why expectations are high at this club. And knowing a number of Swindon supporters as I do they would be getting more than excited with that level of confirmed support.

All the best!

Guest we8thegas

Jealous of us prising away your players with wads of cash and longer contracts(Stewart's on £6K p/w you know) and not being mid-table under acheivers,selling 6000+ ST's whilst you've sold 500 rofl2br.gif

P.s See you all next season in division three (that's what this league is don't forget). we'll go up and you'll go down dance.gif

I like we8gas.My thoughts exactly. Might change my name to we8gas2. City may well have underacheived recently BUT we will try again and WILL succeed. Swindon appear to be in a bit of bother. With the greatest respect Swindonites, tell Oxford, not us, not at all bothered.

Guest Dorset Red
Jealous enough to come on here and take the bait!

Look at the last 10 years ...

Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.. Funny you didn't want to add an extra year to that timespan. That would then include a time when we were in the Premiership, (somewhere you've not been for considerably longer than that).

All ribbing aside, Bristol City should (yes, I said it) be a huge club. You represent one of the country's largest towns and have a decent hardcore support, but don't make the mistake of paying big money for average players in the hope that it'll buy you success. That's where Swindon went wrong over a decade ago and we're still paying for it, (clinging on to survival by our finger nails at the moment!)

When all is said and done I like to see all the clubs in the West doing well, from Swindon all the way down to Plymouth.

As for local rivalries. I have always rated our games against you lot higher than any Oxford, Reading or Gas Heads game and I don't think anyone could seriously argue that there isn't a traditional rivalry between the two clubs.

Good luck next season. Just don't assume that big spending will always do the job. farmer.gif

Swindon is a horrible town and I dislike a lot of their fans because of the way they act at matches (not ALL fans, obviously, Rich TGSC seems a thoroughly nice chap!), but I really don't see why we are revelling in the misfortunes of another club. Surely in this post-ITV digital age we should be rallying behind our fellow supporters, whether they support the same team as us or not. I may not like Swindon but I'd hate to see them go down the tubes.

I'm not jealous.... Worried more for my teams long term future is closer to the truth.

If Grant Smith had chosen Rotherham or Sheff Wed or whoever else were "interested" then it would be a case of 'so-be-it--shame-he-couldn't-stay' but he's gone to City and it has seemed to hurt some of our fans.

Regardless to what many think alot of City fans consider Swindon (almost) bitter rivals and vise versa... I live in Westbury-work in Trowbridge and I see more City fans than Swindon to be honest... But I don't mind, I never have slanging matches with City fans or anything like that... The problems tend to occur IN Swindon in regards to all that business.

For the record I am NOT jealous of Bristol City Football Club... Sure, I'd like a little bit of your stability behind the scenes but other than that nothing makes me feel "boo-- I wish I supported that team" ... In truth there's not a great deal to be jealous about on the pitch... Our club's situations has been very simuliar in my lifetime.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Oh Rich, stop being so reasonable.

I'm going to have to visit a few Swindon forums now to regain my dislike of Swindon fans.

Archived