IGNORED

Freight Rover Trophy Final 85/86

Jayne

As far as i know they have never released it on DVD, only other way is if maybe one of our forum members has a VHS copy, that could be transfered onto DVD. smile.gif

Great day that, one my earliest city memories city.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Freight Rover Trophy final BCFC v Bolton on DVD. I want it for a fathers Day Present.

I think I still have a copy of the video (not the full 90 mins one, the highlight plus build-up one). Though the production quality isn't great, as it was early days for these things, it still makes cracking viewing. You even get a chance to laugh at the appalling HTV commentary. Seriously, though, it brings a tear to my eye. If you want to borrow it to make a DVD copy, just PM me. It may have got lost in our move, but I'll try to dig it out.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
I think I still have a copy of the video (not the full 90 mins one, the highlight plus build-up one). Though the production quality isn't great, as it was early days for these things, it still makes cracking viewing. You even get a chance to laugh at the appalling HTV commentary. Seriously, though, it brings a tear to my eye. If you want to borrow it to make a DVD copy, just PM me. It may have got lost in our move, but I'll try to dig it out.

Does it show the interview with Cooper-man after the game? "I can't believe it, I played for England... ah I can't talk to you mate!" (whilst crying his eyes out) smile.gif

I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Alan Walsh has a good story to tell, about when all the lads in the locker room after the game were asking Cooper-man for more bonuses and the gaffer said "What are you talking about? More bonuses? No way. It's only a Mickey Mouse cup!" and then on the way home they had a TV on the coach, and on ITV national news they showed Cooper-man on the pitch doing that interview (just before he went back the locker room and told the lads that it was only a Mickey Mouse cup) and saw him getting all emotional and so proud with the trophy in his hand...

Funny stuff cool.gif

The was a (presumably home made) DVD copy of the match on Ebay just last week!! I was thinking of bidding at £7 and then missed then end of the auction on Saturday night, It went for £8.50 in the end.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

it's back on line smile.gif

i got a copy of the dvd and it is good, no commentary but match atmosphere

sound, picture is good and full 90 mins of the game.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Archived