IGNORED

Gigs

Johnny Casio

This year i've been to see Green Day, The Streets, Dropkick Murphys, LCD Soundsystem, and Drive through Records Invasion Tour. All have been absolute class, especially murphys because i got properly wasted, also at LCD Soundsystem i got to go backstage and meet the band which was cool. Green Day was just the best gig i've been to, amazing show. Mike Skinner was hilarious when i went and saw the streets a top bloke.

Haven't got any gigs lined up at the moment, but maybe going to see Finch.

Saw Duran duran at Birmingham's ground last week supported by the Bravery and that Bedingfield chap.

Wife's mate pulled out, so had to go. No, there were no women mud wrestling ala 'Girls on Film' video - before you ask.

My problem is hearing of these gigs before they sell out.

Is it right that Bristol Arena will take 5 years to complete? Can't see why.

I saw the Darkness at Wembley at Christmas, which absolutely blew me away, and I'm going to see U2 in Dublin on the 24th of June (omg! only 22 days away!!!) and Oasis at Milton Keynes on the 9th July. Going to be incredible! music-smiley-010.gif

Brian Wilson at the Colston Hall 3 weeks tonight - front row seats. I've seen him three times in the last 3 years - twice at the Colston Hall and also at Portsmouth - absolutely amazing!

I would have gone to see Rod Stewart at the gate but will be on holiday. Saw Elton John and the Scissor Sisters at AG last year and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Two recent gigs I have missed and am kicking myself are Arthur Lee a few weeks back and Donovan about a week ago - what it was to be a child of the sixties!

Any one going to see Beautiful South at Westonbirt in June - would have fancied that but it is something like the night before we fly off to Spain.

Does anyone get the impression that the club are struggling to sell all the tickets for Neil Diamond and Rod Stewart?

In the last couple of years I've seen all these and more. Who says music's crap these days? rolleyes.gif

Oasis

Coldplay

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Foo Fighters

The Strokes

The Libertines

Paul Weller

Scissor Sisters

Ash

Massive Attack

Ian Brown

Echo & The Bunnymen

Athlete

Chemical Brothers

Basement Jaxx

David Gray

Manic Street Preachers

Supergrass

Embrace

Primal Scream

The Thrills

Dido

Queens of the Stone Age

The Streets

Damien Rice

Jet

Kings of Leon

Badly Drawn Boy

The Pixies

Paul McCartney

Stereophonics

Starsailor

Gemma Hayes

The Coral

Kosheen

Halo

Feeder

Hard Fi

Stiff Little Fingers

Groove Armada

Goldie Looking Chain

Turin Brakes

Doves

Guest SW Valleys Red

About a year or so ago I saw Hanoi Rocks who are still the coolest band. First saw them when I about 14 at the Top Rank, Cardiff. Travelling down from the valleys, the train was full with greasers going to the Marillion gig at St Davids Hall. My mate and I felt so proud to be the only punk rockers on there going to see Hanoi Rocks. We got off on the attitude we formed that night for years later.

Saw Quireboys earlier this year - pretty good.

Going to see Motley Crue with my son whos 8 later this month. While always indifferent on album (with the notable exception of 'Too Fast For Love'), Motley Crue were always an awesome band live.

I went and saw the Streets back in February, i thought it was absolutely class! I wasn't quite sure what they would be like in concert before i went but it was amazing! Havent got tickets to go and see any upcoming concerts though......

Hey City Rocker!

Did not get down to Truro to see the Bunnies. They are doing a festival in Guildford on 16th July with the boy Weller headlining, but also Weds 29th June in London at Hyde Park with Keane and Supergrass. Jo is not up for it though. Really abusing this pregnant thing.

Got tickets to see Killing Joke at the Academy though in October. You going?

Anyhow, forget that old tosh....when are the Empire State playing again!

City Rocker has an awesome taste in bands!
dance.gif

Guest Pointy

Saw Audioslave on saturday which was awesome - especially the Rage stuff they played chris cornell has an amazing voice .. and tom morello has to be seen to be believed

seeing Reel Big Fish in Birmingham soon, always a favourite of mine as they were the first band i ever crowd surfed to smile.gif

then kings of leon followed by Queens of the Stone Age at sommerset house in london

Follwed by reading

followed by Reel Big fish again!

Bristol is Such a good city for bands before i went to plymouth uni i used to see bands practically every week plymouth is rubbish for live music !

Seen: Girlschool, Tokyo Dragons, Hurricane Party, Glitterati, Wildhearts, Black Velvets, Dragonforce, Alabama Thunderpussy.

To See: Green Day at the MK Bowl, Ozzfest at Donnington, Motorhead/Girlschool at Ammersmiff........

in the last year and a half:

ocean colour scene

paul weller x2

oasis

zutons

supergrass x3

kings of leon

black rebel motorcycle club x2

kasabian

bootleg beatles wink.gif

james brown

radiohead

rem

basement jaxx

paul mcCartney

yeah yeah yeahs

sonic youth

ian brown

and plenty more i just cant think of them now!

plus glastonbury is coming up so that'll be a right laugh!

Haven't been to a gig for a long time, last gig i went to was Marilyn Manson in 2001, was supposed to be seeing Bad religion at the academy as a mate had nailed us back stage passes but we both had a Uni exam the next morning so couldn't go sad.gif

next gig i'm off to is Nine inch nails in Brixton on July 5th biggrin.gif so chuffed with that it's untrue been waiting to see them for years smile.gif

Haven't been to a gig for a long time, last gig i went to was Marilyn Manson in 2001,  was supposed to be seeing Bad religion at the academy as a mate had nailed us back stage passes but we both had a Uni exam the next morning so couldn't go sad.gif

next gig i'm off to is Nine inch nails in Brixton on July 5th biggrin.gif  so chuffed with that it's untrue been waiting to see them for years smile.gif

I went to see marilyn manson in 2001, in the docklands he rubbed his groin in some blokes face, nice.

Really want to see NIN, a girl i work with went to see them, said it was amazing.

Coldplay next for me, july 5th, day before G8!!!

In the last couple of years I've seen all these and more. Who says music's crap these days?  rolleyes.gif

Oasis

Coldplay

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Foo Fighters

The Strokes

The Libertines

Paul Weller

Scissor Sisters

Ash

Massive Attack

Ian Brown

Echo & The Bunnymen

Athlete

Chemical Brothers

Basement Jaxx

David Gray

Manic Street Preachers

Supergrass

Embrace

Primal Scream

The Thrills

Dido

Queens of the Stone Age

The Streets

Damien Rice

Jet

Kings of Leon

Badly Drawn Boy

The Pixies

Paul McCartney

Stereophonics

Starsailor

Gemma Hayes

The Coral

Kosheen

Halo

Feeder

Hard Fi

Stiff Little Fingers

Groove Armada

Goldie Looking Chain

Turin Brakes

Doves

I take it you had glasto tickets last year? farmer.gif

I went to see marilyn manson in 2001, in the docklands he rubbed his groin in some blokes face, nice.

Really want to see NIN, a girl i work with went to see them, said it was amazing.

Coldplay next for me, july 5th, day before G8!!!

Seen Matrilyn Manson - awesome!! Also sen him on stage with Eminem which was cool. He does put on a cracking show and is a massively talented bloke it's fair to say!!

As for NIN - I saw them before I really knew much about them in 1999/2000... T%hey were amazing. OPlayed Glastonbury's other stage after Moby and there must have been 3 quarters of the festival there! By far the biggest crowd the Other Stage ha seen. Anyway, the mosh pit was mental and the music was special.. different to anything else around. And when I heard the song "hurt" ahhh.... what a song!!

Seen Matrilyn Manson - awesome!! Also sen him on stage with Eminem which was cool.  He does put on a cracking show and is a massively talented bloke it's fair to say!!

As for NIN - I saw them before I really knew much about them in 1999/2000... T%hey were amazing.  OPlayed Glastonbury's other stage after Moby and there must have been 3 quarters of the festival there! By far the biggest crowd the Other Stage ha seen.  Anyway, the mosh pit was mental and the music was special.. different to anything else around.  And when I heard the song "hurt" ahhh....  what a song!!

Yea manson is awesome.

Hurt is an incredible song, in some ways i prefer the Johnny Cash version though, just seems slightly more emotional with the context of Cash at the time.

I'm going to absolutely love it, it will be easily the best concert of my life, as i don't think there has ever been a band that i like more than Nine Inch Nails.

Also hoping that Tool tour this year at some point as they are supposed to be bringing out another album. dance.gif

My Chemical Romance

Feeder

Taking Back Sunday

Ash

Fightstar

InMe

I'm so glad no-one on here likes r'n'b or hip-hop that stuff drives me mental!

Just so you know - I have seen Feeder and Ash from the above and literally hundreds of bands apart from those. Some of my musical taste is shown in this thread and others.

I also happen to like R&B and Hip hop. I am looking forward to seeing Eminem and 50 Cent, and I think Usher is brilliant!

Why limit yourself by type - I like good, real music that makes me feel something...

in last 2 years.

Iron Maiden (3)

SliPknot (2)

Status Quo (2)

Bon Jovi

Balck Sabbath

SOAD

Papa Roach

Billy Idol

Slayer

Robbie WIlliams

Kylie

Marilyn Manson

Deftones

Metallica (Without Lars)

Linkin Park

Kylie

Garbage

Lordi

Lacuna Coil

Him

Funeral for a Friend (2)

Iggy and the stooges

Sum 41

Korn

Darkness

Ash

Moby

Busted (Took the Kids)

Ironically Maiden (Iron Maiden Tribute Band)

Admitedly a lot of these were at festivals but they are awesome events. Looking forward to going to reading for the sunday (Can't go fri or sat as on holiday) - Just need to get a ticket somehow..........

Why limit yourself by type - I like good, real music that makes me feel something...

Have to agree there, although i don't think 50 cent is any good, he's a destinctly average rapper at best and Dre's production abilities seem to have taken a downturn IMO.

Don't partucularly like R+B as much of it is crap, but some is ok i'm quite happy to listen to Usher as he's pretty damn good.

Proper hip-hop is the way forward, not a huge amount better than some good chilled out hip-hop.

Also like a fair bit of Drum and Bass.

Archived