IGNORED

Anyone Think We Need Another Left Back?

OrrToScore

With Bell gone and Woodman surely to be going, that leaves Gouldbourne as our only left back, now the boy is talented but hes only 17, and if his form dips or becomes injured we have absoulutly no cover.

Stewart will sign but i still think we need a goalkeeper and a left back? Any 1 else agree?

EDIT: We have Fortune (just remembered) but he seems to play best at left back when theres 3 at the back.

As long as Woodman shows the right "attitude" in the summer he will stay - he is still a tidy player. I rate Goldborne also but at 17 cannot expect him to play all season. don't rule out with Heywood & Coles at Centre backs, Fortune will play left back. In terms of height we may compete at set pieces then!!

Guest Pjj171086

I think i remember seeing something saying Woodman would be back for pre-season, so i think that means he will be part of the squad for next season

With Golbourne and Woodman available and Fortune able to play at left back I don't really think we need another one !

Jim Brennan? Norwich will no doubt be looking to trim their wage bill and with Jim not being a regular could be sacrificed and may want 1st team football. Before anyone says he's too old he's 28, thats not old. It's the perfect age and Jim fits the bill and is the kind of player we want to be bringing to the club. As good a player as Scott Goulbourne he cant be relied on as the only left back. What do we do when he goes off on international duty?? Who goes left back. Plus if we expect him to play in 50+ games for us plus these international fixtures the lads going to suffer from burn out.

Jim Brennan? Norwich will no doubt be looking to trim their wage bill and with Jim not being a regular could be sacrificed and may want 1st team football. Before anyone says he's too old he's 28, thats not old. It's the perfect age and Jim fits the bill and is the kind of player we want to be bringing to the club. As good a player as Scott Goulbourne he cant be relied on as the only left back. What do we do when he goes off on international duty?? Who goes left back. Plus if we expect him to play in 50+ games for us plus these international fixtures the lads going to suffer from burn out.

Woodman is cover.

Guest BristolRed

HELL YES, WE NEED ONE DESPERATLY!

FORTUNE & GOLDBOUNRE ARE GOOD BUT NOT OLD ENOUGH, LETS SIGN SWINDONS LEFTBACK, WHOEVER THAT IS laugh.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gif

He is poor but we haven't got the money to buy/get in another one. I think he is ok sometimes but just doesn't add anything. Is adequate cover.

Liability. Sorry but i just cant believe Craig Woodman has made it as a pro.

Liability. Sorry but i just cant believe Craig Woodman has made it as a pro.

I think that is harsh- he clearly isn't good enough for the first team but we haven't got the money to offer wages to another one. If we got rid of Woodman then maybe we could get someone else in.

I think that is harsh- he clearly isn't good enough for the first team but we haven't got the money to offer wages to another one. If we got rid of Woodman then maybe we could get someone else in.

I went to almost every home game the season where Woodman played a regular role in the side ( I think it was season before last, however it may be the season before that ) but I can never remember leaving the ground feeling "Woodman really let us down today" whereas I can remember times when I've felt that towards some of the other players, however that's my opinion and I also feel I would much prefer to have Jim Brennan at left-back than Craig Woodman.

I went to almost every home game the season where Woodman played a regular role in the side ( I think it was season before last, however it may be the season before that ) but I can never remember leaving the ground feeling "Woodman really let us down today" whereas I can remember times when I've felt that towards some of the other players, however that's my opinion and I also feel I would much prefer to have Jim Brennan at left-back than Craig Woodman.

I would prefer Brennan too by a mile but we just haven't got the money. Woodman isn't really bad just doesn't cut it at City, but he is adequate cover I believe.

Guest we8thegas
HELL YES, WE NEED ONE DESPERATLY!

FORTUNE & GOLDBOUNRE ARE GOOD BUT NOT OLD ENOUGH, LETS SIGN SWINDONS LEFTBACK, WHOEVER THAT IS  laugh.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif  dunno.gif

Agreed,let's rob the scummers of any talent they got so long as they are free and only offered a poxy one year deal rofl2br.gif

Archived