IGNORED

Loan Players

Evocare

With some strong signings for next season looking imminent, will we require any loan players to sure up in vunriable positions like left back?

I'm just thinking about Scott Golbourne and if he got injured, i know Fortune can cover, but with no Hill & Bell we are still pritty light in that area.

what you reckon?

dunno.gif

Guest BristolRed

Good point, I don't rate Fortune i think he's a liability,

I saw him let in the vital goal against Doncaster by trying to look good on the ball by doing a fancy turn, didnt work and we we're 2 down.

Scott G is young and a little inexperenced for my liking, unless we play 3 at the back we definatly need another leftback

Good point, I don't rate Fortune i think he's a liability,

I saw him let in the vital goal against Doncaster by trying to look good on the ball by doing a fancy turn, didnt work and we we're 2 down.

Scott G is young and a little inexperenced for my liking, unless we play 3 at the back we definatly need another leftback

Don't kno what game you were watching but we were never 2-0 down to Doncaster home or away!

Got ya...

I do think one change for next year that will have a major impact on teams in our league is that of the introduction of the transfer window.

The point of loan players was that they could be used to cover the unexpected. Unless I have got this very wrong, even loan players outside the trasfer window will not be allowed. I think this is very bad news for teams at our level.

Imagine for instance that you have a squad of 20 or so (I'm not talking about our average squad size!). A couple of injuries in key positions and there will be no ability to bring in load players. This is going to force clubs to have bigger squad sizes (which they may struggle to afford), or to take risks. Not to mention suspensions.

I entirely expect to see headlines next year of 'Lincoln plead to be able to loan a keeper' or 'Rochdale have no fit forwards' as the year goes on. If you say have 2 recognised keepers in your squad, one gets an injury, and the next gets sent off - you are knackered. This may play to our favour were by and large we have some strength in depth, but that will not neccesarily make it right!

Or am I miss reading the situation?

Guest BristolRed
I don't think he did, over the seaosn many people made mistakes.

'Yes he did, he tried to pass it out of defence when he should have cleared it and he got caught in possesion, but your right again though, the season was lost in the first 8 games

'Yes he did, he tried to pass it out of defence when he should have cleared it and he got caught in possesion, but your right again though, the season was lost in the first 8 games

It wasn't just lost over the first 8 games but over the whole season. Had we not got just 2 points from the first 5 games we would have down better. I'm not saying Fortune wasn't at fault for that goal but people like Phillips, Smith, Bell and Coles all made bad mistakes.

Archived