be our very own politically incorrect

red goblin with a NO POLL TAX FLAG?? laugh.gif

user posted image

BRISTOL CITY & ENGLAND FLAG, IN SPAIN 1982

user posted image

user posted image

geezer below is a lad who went to my school and i've

worked with him...top city fan caught on bbc camera

being asked WHY DO YOU FOLLOW ENGLAND?????...

user posted image

user posted image

The pictures look very much like Cagliaris' ground in Sardinia (Italia '90) where England were based. I was at both tournaments Spain '82 and Italia '90 and in Spain we played in Bilbao and Madrid and the pictures are definately not from both of those grounds.

BCAGFC

Guest MaloneFM

And look at the England shirts they are wearing. I'm pretty sure the Spain shirt had that red and blue stripe near the collar on the shoulders.

That is a Lineker Italia 90 shirt.

Isnt it strange as well how England fans no longer use the union jack, but go for the xross of st george all the time

is that just because scotland, wales and n ireland are a bit of an embarrasment football-wise now ?

Guest North Street
The pictures look very much like Cagliaris' ground in Sardinia (Italia '90) where England were based.  I was at both tournaments Spain '82 and Italia '90 and in Spain we played in Bilbao and Madrid and the pictures are definately not from both of those grounds.

BCAGFC

It is cagliaris ground during Italia 90. The bulldog flag was also present at the European championships in Sweden 92.I was present at both and the owner [ian?] used to be an ever present at England matches and also attended the World cup in Spain 82 and the European championships in Germany 88, where he has gone now i do not have a dunno.gif

Guest North Street
Isnt it strange as well how England fans no longer use the union jack, but go for the xross of st george all the time

is that just because scotland, wales and n ireland are a bit of an embarrasment football-wise now ?

England supporters used to be criticised for carrying the Union Jack because some people felt it symbolises the National Front. In the early nineties the St George flag became much more popular as this is solely Englands flag. Now England supporters are criticised because some feel the St George symbolises the BNP/C18 and as for Bristol City Council banghead.gif

It looks like the photos were taken at Italia'90 because the Poll Tax was introduced that same year.

yeah that's what i thought.

but it was a mistake by the program i guess as the 2 lads in

the picture for sure have the italy 90 shirts on.

ENGLAND 1982

user posted image

ENGLAND 1990

user posted image

AND POLL TAX WAS 1990

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/timelines/eng..._poll_tax.shtml

Guest east_dundry_red

No its beause they are an embarrasment full stop.

Anyway English not brisitsh so St Gerorge's cross all the way.

England supporters used to be criticised for carrying the Union Jack because some people  felt it  symbolises the National Front. In the early nineties the St George flag became much more popular as this is solely Englands flag. Now England supporters are criticised because some feel the St George symbolises the BNP/C18 and as for Bristol City Council  banghead.gif

The Union is breaking up with Wales, England and Scotland in the process of going their separate ways politically i.e. with the breakaway Scottish and Welsh national assemblies. I think this is more the reason for the lack of popularity these days with the Union flag. As for the politically correct types insisting that the St George flag symbolises BNP/C18 they don't even know the history of England - as far as I'm aware the St George flag was granted to England by the Pope and Roman Catholic church, in the middle-ages, for our loyalty to Christianity.

While others take their footie flags to football, could this

be our very own politically incorrect

red goblin with a NO POLL TAX FLAG??  laugh.gif

user posted image

BRISTOL CITY & ENGLAND FLAG, IN SPAIN 1982

user posted image

user posted image

geezer below is a lad who went to my school and i've

worked with him...top city fan caught on bbc camera

being asked WHY DO YOU FOLLOW ENGLAND?????...

user posted image

user posted image

Fair play to the hero with the 'No Poll Tax' flag but it wasn't me on that occasion farmer.gif

No the strange thing was that England fans ever used the Union Jack in the first place.

I was one of many who campaigned in the early 90's to stop the England team being represented on T.V. and elsewhere by the irrelevant Union Jack.

It seems that many English people had become completely unaware of the distinctive flag of England, thankfully they're not now.

Archived