IGNORED

Wilson's Team V Tinman's Team

Donnie Darko

In the space of just over a year Tinman now has his team, lets compare the playoff final team to the most likely one to start next season:

The Wilson team

gk: Phillips

rb: Carey

Lb: Hill (now Preston)

Cb: Butler (now Blackpool)

Cb: Coles

RM: Rougier (now ?)

LM: Woodman (now Mansfield?)

CM: Doherty (now ?)

CM: Tinman (now boss)

CF: Robbo (now Swine)

CF: Miller (now international)

Subs: Murray (now rubbish), Goodfellow (now ?), Stowell (now Leicester), Wilkshire, ?.

Tinman's probable team:

GK: Phillips

RB: Carey

LB: Golbourne

CB: Coles

CB: Heywood

LM: Smith

RM: Anyinsah/Cotterill/Murray

CM: Russell/Scuse

CM: Wilkshire/Brown

CF: Lita

CF: Stewart/Brooker

Subs: one right mid, Fortune, 2 central mids and 1 from 4 strikers

And the obvious difference is the strikers are now miles better.

I'd prefer Brooker/Lita/Stweart to Miller/Peacock/Roberts any day !

Midfield will be the decider though...

Will Smith/Russell/Wilkshire/Brown be better than Brown/Doherty/Burnell/Wilkshire ?

And the obvious difference is the strikers are now miles better.

I'd prefer Brooker/Lita/Stweart to Miller/Peacock/Roberts any day !

Will Smith/Russell/Wilkshire/Brown be better than Brown/Doherty/Burnell/Wilkshire ?

Will Smith left midfield huh? Hope he doesn't get booked by the men in black.... wink.gif

In the space of just over a year Tinman now has his team, lets compare the playoff final team to the most likely one to start next season:

The Wilson team

gk: Phillips

rb: Carey

Lb: Hill (now Preston)

Cb: Butler (now Blackpool)

Cb: Coles

RM: Rougier (now ?)

LM: Woodman (now Mansfield?)

CM: Doherty (now ?)

CM: Tinman (now boss)

CF: Robbo (now Swine)

CF: Miller (now international)

Subs:  Murray (now rubbish), Goodfellow (now ?), Stowell (now Leicester), Wilkshire, ?.

Tinman's probable team:

GK: Phillips

RB: Carey

LB: Golbourne

CB: Coles

CB: Heywood

LM: Smith

RM: Anyinsah/Cotterill/Murray

CM: Russell/Scuse

CM: Wilkshire/Brown

CF: Lita

CF: Stewart/Brooker

Subs: one right mid, Fortune, 2 central mids and 1 from 4 strikers

Note To Self: Read all of the bloody post in future.

I think Tinn's team would win that one quite handily. Far superior strikers, better service and similar defence. More legs in the middle of the park too.

Interesting comparison though, our competition next season will be harder than it was in 03/04 I think.

Nibor

I've got an August 2003 squad photo on my locker at work(too lazy to change it) and i've been crossing off the players as they leave.As i was putting a large X on lee millers head this morning i realised their is only Woodman, Fortune, Phillips, Lita, Coles, Carey and Tommy left here, and lets be honest one or two of those might be gone by the start of the season. What a difference a couple of years make with over 2/3rds of Wilsons squad gone.

Two of the names repeat so the question seems to be will Russell and Grant Smith be 'better' than Burnell and Doherty.

More guile, better discipline, improved balance, plenty more goals - no contest surely.

Stewart's a great signing but the much needed potential improvement in City's midfield could make the biggest difference next year.

• Admin
Two of the names repeat so the question seems to be will Russell and Grant Smith be 'better' than Burnell and Doherty.

More guile, better discipline, improved balance, plenty more goals - no contest surely.

Stewart's a great signing but the much needed potential improvement in City's midfield could make the biggest difference next year.

Aaron and Scott, whilst sharing the same surname, are most definitely not the same person. Sorry.

You are all forgetting about Orr ( and before you all start shouting ) nearly all his games last season where played alongside either Tinnion or Doherty and basically did a lot of their running to the detriment of his own game. I believe if given the opportunity with someone in midfield who has some legs he will prove all the knockers wrong.

Archived