IGNORED

Leroy Must Stay If Possible!

dazza247

While I am ecstatic Sir Marcus Stewart has signed for us today and am hopeful that the other 3 signings fulfil the purpose they have joined for, I am still a little worried that this may leave an opportunity for the board to cash in on Leroy!

While I can understand that a bid anywhere between £1-2 million will be considered without a doubt, Stewart probably has 2/3 good seasons in him whereas Leroy is a player we need to hold onto if we ever wish to succeed in the Championship!! Maybe it's just me being cynical but really want time to fast forward to the the first game where Leroy, Marcus and Brooker are all available for selection!!

Does the transfer window apply for our division this season? When does it close?! Leroy owes us at least one more season if possible as he will learn so much from Marcus and can help fire us to the promised land!! Any thoughts?! city.gif

I think that we have to wonder why Leroy, despite saying he is staying at the club, is stalling on signing a new contract. Could it be that he was waiting to see if Stewart would actually sign and could he now ask to go.

I think that Tins. will have a job to keep the 3 main strikers happy. We had a similar situation with Heffernan. On last seasons form Brooker and Lita are undroppable and we wouldn't pay someone £6k a week to sit on the bench.

OK, one of them could play "in the hole" but if that does't work what does Tins do?

It's a nice problem to have but nevertheless still a problem.

IMO Leroy, sadly, will not be here next season.

I think that we have to wonder why Leroy, despite saying he is staying at the club, is stalling on signing a new contract. Could it be that he was waiting to see if Stewart would actually sign and could he now ask to go.

I think that Tins. will have a job to keep the 3 main strikers happy. We had a similar situation with Heffernan. On last seasons form Brooker and Lita are undroppable and we wouldn't pay someone £6k a week to sit on the bench.

OK, one of them could play "in the hole" but if that does't work what does Tins do?

I still think Lita will be here next season. I don't think any clubs are going to gamble 1m+ on a one season wonder. If he had 15 goals by at Christmas then we might start seeing some concrete offers for him.

whilst i was at the press conference today, i went to the toilet in the players area. When i was walking there, i overheard two members of staff saying that Leroy has just had a bust up with someone at City, and they reckon he's on his way out to Reading soon.

I tried to ask them about this but they ushered me out and didn't say anything else.

Not sure if I believe this or not, but it put a bit of a dampner on the otherwise fantastic day!

Leroy is hardly stalling on a new contract. They only started initial negotiations a few weeks back and alot of people are away at this time of year. These things often take months, and he still has a year (or two?) left.

As for keeping 3 forwards happy, if the manager swaps players in and out with reasonable frequency it's not hard to see each one get 35 starts and 10+ sub appearances and that's without injuries or suspensions. Even though they both had excellent seasons Lita was droppable last season during his off form patch, and Brooker had a couple of spells where he wasn't on great form - every player does. I doubt a striker will play in the hole because Tinns seemed pretty set on not dicking with the 442 in his interview, despite speculation on here and our midfield looks strong.

I think Lita will sign a new deal with a "big club minimum fee" type clause in.

Nibor

Archived