IGNORED

Just One More?

GrahamC

I would have thought that even if Heffernan, Doherty, Goodfellow and possibly Jamie Smith all depart as well those who already have so far this summer, the only other new player we'll sign now is a back up keeper to Steve Phillips.

Sam Russell of Darlington, anyone?

Otherwise Steve Mildenhall of Oldham and Scott Bevan at Milton Keynes are both available on frees.

I would have thought that even if Heffernan, Doherty, Goodfellow and possibly Jamie Smith all depart as well those who already have so far this summer, the only other new player we'll sign now is a back up keeper to Steve Phillips.

Possibly another central defender if Smith departs (because Coles can cover right back if necesary)

Sam Russell of Darlington, anyone? 

Otherwise Steve Mildenhall of Oldham and Scott Bevan at Milton Keynes are both available on frees.

Non-League Paper on Sunday said Hereford feared losing Craig Mawson who kept 19 clean sheets last season.

Possibly another central defender if Smith departs (because Coles can cover right back if necesary)

[

Maybe and if Tommy Doc goes in a swap that would presumably be the position we'd want to take a player in.

However if not the clear message is that we will operate with significantly less players for next season and as Carey could also play at CB and both Orr and Skuse can play RB in the event that Jamie Smith decides to move on, that still leaves us with a probable first choice back four of Carey, Coles, Heywood, Golbourne, with cover available from Fortune, Woodman, Orr and Skuse, plus as you say Coles is able to switch to right back, too, though if Carey was ever out I'd rather give Orr a go there and keep Coles in the middle myself.

As for the keeper, I saw on the Darlo site that Sam Russell is still young enough for them to demand a fee for him at a tribunal, so that presumably rules him out.

There are lots available on frees, and I wonder if following Stowell's move to Leicester Tinnion might have some second thoughts about releasing Jonathan Gould, who could fill the back up role and possibly coach as well.

Archived