IGNORED

Non Marcus News

RedM

This is on the breaking news section of the main site.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~672120,00.html

Basically Heff talking to Oldham but Donny Rovers interested too.

Only tentative enquiries about Tommy, nothing concrete.

Swansea fav to sign Goodfellow 'but other clubs nibbling away'???

We are seeing if we can bring in GK cover.

We want to extend coles contract.

Jamie smith has until 17th June to sign, but he is sure to be speaking to other clubs.

I hope this helps as I know some people can't access the main site from work etc! city.gif

Guest barmpot
isnt it strange how smith has gone from fringe-player to captain and then back to fringe-player ?

and what happens if doherty ISNT sold ?

The rest of our squad remain passive smokers whistling.gif

isnt it strange how smith has gone from fringe-player to captain and then back to fringe-player ?

and what happens if doherty ISNT sold ?

Seeing as Brooker is vice captain then presumably he'll become full time captian? Alternatively Carey could be considered captain material, as well Coles previously being vice captain when Doherty wasn't available (or subbed).

Wasn't Russell the Torquay captain?

Seeing as Brooker is vice captain then presumably he'll become full time captian? Alternatively Carey could be considered captain material, as well Coles previously being vice captain when Doherty wasn't available (or subbed).

Wasn't Russell the Torquay captain?

Lita should be captain.

I always thought Jamie Smith was a bad choice for captain anyway...

Marcus Stewart or Alex Russel I'd say...

Surprising that SL is so calm about Jamie Smith talking to other clubs though.. Not that I'd be bothered if he went but if he signs a new deal there will be a sneaking suspicion in the dressing rooms and certainly with the fans that he couldn't get better elsewhere so 'settled' and signed for City...

Sounds crazy but I truly hope Docs goes.. He's been a disruptive influence by all accounts and we could get a decent fee for him...

200-250k or am I dreaming?

Can Scott Brown be developed to fill the holding midfielder role? Or Bradley Orr provided you give him a limited task of just sitting in front of the defence and making the simple passes?

I always thouught it was a bit strange that new players - Smith and Brkoker - were made captains - although Brooker did do an excellent job.

I would have thought that normally the captain would be an older and established member of the team - making Murray the obvious choice, but I get the impression he's pretty quiet on the pitch.

The other thing is I reakon that the captain should be at the back, to get a better view of the whole team - strikers are a bit too isolated. Maybe Carey, maybe Coles if his attitude is right. Personally I reakon we should try Philips - well established, polular with the fans and not shy to let it rip when needs be, sounds daft having the goalie but it worked for manure with schmeikel.

Steve Brooker was a great captain at the end of the season I feel. He really led by example.

I agree. I'm not a great Brooker fan, but I'm slowly warming to him!

His best games I think have been when he has been Captain though.

Jamie Smith is another 'take him or leave him' type player, I was surprised about making him captain. I thought the captain usually was the 1st name on the teamsheet?

Guest Moose
I agree. I'm not a great Brooker fan, but I'm slowly warming to him!

His best games I think have been when he has been Captain though.

Jamie Smith is another 'take him or leave him' type player, I was surprised about making him captain. I thought the captain usually was the 1st name on the teamsheet?

My read of the situation is that Jamie looked Tins in the eye during "that difficult period" when eveything was slipping away and convinced him he was the man for the job - sort of stepped up to the challenge. He was good for a few games after that, but seemed to drift back to "just ok" towards the end of the season.

For me, Carey should be captin next year......

Archived