IGNORED

George Burley........

42nite

Has quit as Derby boss!

Experienced and out of work................. whistling.gif

Didn't Stewart work under him at 'Tractor Boys' ?

How about this as a dream team.

George Burley - Manager (experienced & knows the Championship)

Kieth Millen - Asst Manager (appears he is the one that has players respect)

Brian Tinnion - Academy Director (excellent skills with young lads & bringing them through)

Marcus Stewart - Team Captain

This means that Tony Fawthorp would revert to Scout. Or even leave the club. Has served many managers & may have not supported them all. wink.gif

Now SL mentioned ambition & wanted 15000 down the Gate - where there is the formula.

yeah, good idea let brian form his own team then give someone else his job...

Yep,thats football for you. doh.gif

It is just my thoughts & if I was Chairman, I would always be looking to improve our chances of getting promotion.

Doing a skills analysis & putting the right skills in the right place.

And using SL's words if the right player/person came along at the right price we would be interested.

So while BT has moved to get his players in this season, he has also acknowledged that more experience is needed. And his personal skills are with youth.

GB has also got a reputation in bringing through youth,so could work well as a team.

Very exciting thought.

Has quit as Derby boss!

Was'nt he brought up in Blagdon farmer.gif

And has been a lifelong fan of the club city.gif

And would now like to fulfill a childhood dream innocent.gif

Or is that somebody else??? ph34r.gif

Has quit as Derby boss!

I realise that BT has his own team in place & we go into 05/06 with one aim - Champions.

And lets hope we achieve it.

BUT

It looks as if GB is going to be in place at Millwall - lets hope 10/15 games into the season we don't look back & rue this huge opportunity.

And BT is driving this club forward from the top of Div 1. smile.gif

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

the only way i can see city gettin out of this division is to spend spend spend!!!!

look at hull they are an example of what major investment can achieve city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

What opportunity ? Burley would want to come here ?  Instead of Millwall ?

Different planet  w00t.gif

Can you hear me Major Richie. There in his tin can......far from the world..

Yep, it's really cool here on planet ambition. englandsmile4wf.gif

Millwall are in Championship - thats it.

We as a club have so much more to offer.

If only some would get their head out of the sand!

Well, I aint got me head in the sand, and it aint up me jacksie either before anyone mentions it.

Millwall - championship, FA cup finalists in 2004, realistic premiership playoff contenders.

Us - potential  sleeping.gif

Sorry. Left me rose tinteds at work  laugh.gif

Eeeeeer you Cynic...... you get down that opticians right now you.

You want them rose tinted Bristol City FC .... old division one , one vision, specs that the rest of us have put back on................ biggrin.gif

We only want better than last season don't we and that can onlty mean an automatic......... not much to ask...... and pink specs are cool....... you wouldn't want to be thought of as uncool would you online2long.gif ..... pretend they are pinkish farmer.gif

Well, I aint got me head in the sand, and it aint up me jacksie either before anyone mentions it.

crying.gif

Millwall - championship, FA cup finalists in 2004, realistic premiership playoff contenders.

1 out of three - Championship - Don't look back

Us - potential  sleeping.gif

Potential -  I would say we ouse more than Millwall. But need quality & experience to realise it.

Oh you ! You know I wear them specs and I be a cynic when it suits I.

That makes me a hypocrite as well ! A hypocritical cynic or even a cynical hypocrite  w00t.gif

What a combination  biggrin.gif

Meldrew, I am Meldrew.

Mrs. Cynic will be pleased - she loves to be proven right at all times.  It's the law. Apparently.

ReSPECS to you as ever Cynic ........... We all knows where's you come from as regards to Bristol City FC..................oh and you's ain't no hypocritical Cynic either............... you just say's what you feel from the heart.... like the rest of us and it's a better forum for it biggrin.gif

Guest SteveinNC

I really can't think of anyone to replace Tinns right now. He is in the job, and determined to do well. I think we should give him all the support we can. If the team is not performing, say 10 games in. Then maybe we should look at a replacement. I am not one of those eternal optimists, far from it. But I firmly believe Tinns should be given a chance. Who knows, he may be the answer to all our prayers! rolleyes.gif

Archived