IGNORED

Whats Wrong With 4-3-3

Guest roejowland

Guest roejowland

4-3-3 will work if we use it properly. i think we need a goalkeeper, another good aerial defender and an aerial striker (DARIUS HENDERSON).

then we will have:

a solid, mean defence.

a competitive midfield that can score goals. i think wilkshire, russell, smith and brown can all get at least 6 goals each next season.

a strikeforce that is unstoppable. brooker and the aerial striker will compete for a place in a powerful front 3

anyone who doesnt think that this will dominate the league is stupid and i wanna know why people don't want 4-3-3 to be used.

4-3-3 will work if we use it properly.  i think we need a goalkeeper, another good aerial defender and an aerial striker (DARIUS HENDERSON). 

then we will have:

a solid, mean defence.

a competitive midfield that can score goals.  i think wilkshire, russell, smith and brown can all get at least 6 goals each next season.

a strikeforce that is unstoppable.  brooker and the aerial striker will compete for a place in a powerful front 3

anyone who doesnt think that this will dominate the league is stupid and i wanna know why people don't want 4-3-3 to be used.

I knock it because we got 2 points from 5 at the start of last season with it and looked awful.

Guest striker10
4-3-3 will work if we use it properly.  i think we need a goalkeeper, another good aerial defender and an aerial striker (DARIUS HENDERSON). 

then we will have:

a solid, mean defence.

a competitive midfield that can score goals.  i think wilkshire, russell, smith and brown can all get at least 6 goals each next season.

a strikeforce that is unstoppable.  brooker and the aerial striker will compete for a place in a powerful front 3

Why would we sign another striker don't be silly we have the best 3 in the league plus great youngsters!!! 4-4-2 all the way

Guest roejowland
I knock it because we got 2 points from 5 at the start of last season with it and looked awful.

thats becaus we didnt use it properly. we didnt have the required players for the style that we tried.

thats becaus we didnt use it properly.  we didnt have the required players for the style that we tried.

I don't think it will work for us myself. we just don't the players and the I don't think people like Coles who saw it fail last season will be too pleased to see it return either. We played well with 4-4-2 toward the end of last season so why change? We are not Chelsea.

Most people will believe that this leaves us short defensively pinch.gif

I believe that by having 3 up front will work - the opposition will look to keep them all covered and possibly play with a rigid back 4 - i.e no overlapping full backs doh.gif

As they say the best form of defense is ATTACK city.gifchant6ez.gif

It does also require the right personnel to keep things tight sad.gif

Exciting times - me thinks biggrin.gif

If we did play the 3-4-3 like you say who would you play and where ?

My team would be:

................................................phillips.............................................

.......................................................................................................

....................carey....................heywood.................coles..................

.......................................................................................................

.....coterill.................russell........................wilkshire..............smith....

................................................stewert............................................

...................................lita...........................brooker..........................

subs:

Gillespe

anyinsah

fortune

brown

skuse

That is without using any more signings!

As I have said elsewhere on this forum you cannot play a passing game with a 433 formation, it usually turns out to be a 451 with the two wider strikers going deep to get the ball.

To play 433 you need at least 1 of your strikers in the mould of Leo Fortune-West/Darius Henderson etc and as yet we haven't got that type of player so 433 will NOT work. I personally don't really care what formation or what style of football we play next season as long as it successful and gets us out of this **** division.

BCAGFC

I don't think Tinnion will leave him out if fit especially after the way he ended last season.

Where would you play him then in a 3-4-3 ? The only place that i could see us changing if we were to play a 3-4-3 which would mean play him at right midfield which i very much doubt! whistling.gif unless you play wilkshire on the right and smith in the centre with goldbourne at left midfield! But i cant see Tinnion wating to play wilkshire at right midfield!

Where would you play him then in a 3-4-3 ? The only place that i could see us changing if we were to play a 3-4-3 which would mean play him at right midfield which i very much doubt! whistling.gif unless you play wilkshire on the right and smith in the centre with goldbourne at left midfield! But i cant see Tinnion wating to play wilkshire at right midfield!

I don't think we will play 3-4-3! 4-4-2 if Tinnion has learnt from mistakes.

The only two reasons people suggest these formations are a) we've signed Stewart and therefore have to have all 3 strikers in the first XI or b) it works for Chelsea/on Championship Manager.

It's not going to happen. It didn't work last time, it won't work next time, and unless you have world class players the systems are extremely easy to counter.

Ponsing about with airy fairy formations is not going to get us promoted. Tried and tested 442 with a better organisation and more balanced team will be the key. Real Madrid we ain't.

Nibor

The only two reasons people suggest these formations are a) we've signed Stewart and therefore have to have all 3 strikers in the first XI or b) it works for Chelsea/on Championship Manager.

It's not going to happen.  It didn't work last time, it won't work next time, and unless you have world class players the systems are extremely easy to counter.

Ponsing about with airy fairy formations is not going to get us promoted.  Tried and tested 442 with a better organisation and more balanced team will be the key.  Real Madrid we ain't.

Nibor

Good lad Nibor- you know it makes sense!

4-3-3 looked good on paper to me at the start of last season!

Exactly but as we found out are midfield was not good enough to play a 4-3-3 and neither was some of are strikers where as this year i think are team is well balanced and could cope with either playing a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3.

Guest fatherdougal

3-4-3 would be the best option. Marcus, Leroy and Brooks are enough to scare the living daylights out of any of them so opposition defences will be on the back foot

straight from the kick off. Nothing wrong with over confidence is there?

Exactly but as we found out are midfield was not good enough to play a 4-3-3 and neither was some of are strikers where as this year i think are team is well balanced and could cope with either playing a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3.

Fair enough Tom but I predict 4-4-2 will be the prefeered option.

If we did play the 3-4-3 like you say who would you play and where ?

My team would be:

................................................phillips.............................................

....................carey....................heywood.................coles..................

.....coterill.................russell........................wilkshire..............smith....

................................................stewert............................................

...................................lita...........................brooker..........................

subs:

Gillespe

anyinsah

fortune

brown

skuse

That is without using any more signings!

Isn't that a 3-4-1-2 ?

online2long.gif

Guest roejowland
Formation aside, playing Coles on the left side of a back 3 is begging to have a penalty given away.  He seems to really struggle to make clean challenges when he's on that side of an attacker.

Nibor

yep i agree. which means fortune will play there however it will be 4 at the back.

Guest fatherdougal

In the elbow incident, was it Owls, can't remember, DC was effectively running back in the right back position and struggling to stay with his man. It was right in front of my bit of the Dolman, and though it pains me to say so, he deserved to go.

In the elbow incident, was it Owls, can't remember, DC was effectively running back in the right back position and struggling to stay with his man. It was right in front of my bit of the Dolman, and though it pains me to say so, he deserved to go.

But the a few seasons ago exactly the same sort of situation he sent the oppositions winger over the advertising hordings in a fair shoulder to shoulder challange. If he gets back to that form again we will be fine.

Ponsing about with airy fairy formations is not going to get us promoted.  Tried and tested 442 with a better organisation and more balanced team will be the key.  Real Madrid we ain't.

The players we have bought will hopefully add the balance, flexibility and ability to mean that formation plays less of a part.

Archived