IGNORED

Promotion Brings It's Own Worries!

Bristol Boy

Newell wants decision from Howard

Howard averages one goal almost every two games for Luton.

Luton boss Mike Newell has urged star striker Steve Howard, 29, to decide whether he wants to stay at the club.

Howard, who scored 22 goals last season as the Hatters won League One, is out of contract at the end of June.

"We are going to have to get a decision soon on Steve. We can't wait around for ever," Newell told the club website.

"We need to start planning for next season. I am looking for players we might be able to bring in but we need to know who is going to be around."

The Hatters boss also wants Portsmouth to decide on the future of another striker, Rowan Vine.

The 22-year-old scored nine times in 49 games during a season-long loan spell at Kenilworth Road last season.

"I have spoken to Rowan and he is no clearer as to what is going on at Portsmouth," Newell added.

"I'm not sure who is in charge there at the moment so we are still waiting to see if he is needed by them for next season."

They turned down around £250k from City & Weds for Howard last year and whilst it worked as they acheived promotion, they may well loose both players as they try to stay in The Championship.

Success, it seems, will always have it's price.

I'm suprised that Howard doesnt want to stay at Luton what with them being in the championship. This can only be down to wages as why else would he want to leave the club? Also isnt he out of contract now? Cant see him wanting to come to city with Brooker here.

I'm suprised that Howard doesnt want to stay at Luton what with them being in the championship. This can only be down to wages as why else would he want to leave the club? Also isnt he out of contract now? Cant see him wanting to come to city with Brooker here.

Wouldn't be too bad a forward line would it. Stewart/Lita and Brooker/Howard.

Archived