IGNORED

The Masters

london red

I was watching the Masters football yesterday (Peter Beardsley still looks class!) and was thinking if City were to enter a Masters team, who would be in it?

I eventually came up with something like:

Kieth Welch

Shaun Taylor

Kieth Curle

Brian Tinnion

Peter Beadle

Colin Cramb

This would give a very "youthful" side by Masters league standards, with a reliable defence, some skill in the centre of the park, and Beadle somehow knocking in the goals up front!

Who would you have if City were enter a masters team (keep it realistic, so no John Ateyo or Paul Cheesley)

What is the age limit on the masters these days? Beadle is only 33! - Also don't they have to have played 50 or 100 games for the club?

Andy Cole @ 34 wouldn't be a bad one to pick wink.gif

Helpful.

All I could find on the website was the following:

How are Masters teams chosen?

Masters teams are chosen based on Premiership status and location, with regards to where the particular event takes place.

How are the Masters players chosen?

Masters players are chosen by the PFA (Professional Footballers Association) based on a number of criteria. Many of the players take part in Vets teams for their clubs and an effort is made to ensure each Masters team is made up of those players that contributed as much as possible to their respective club. Fitness, age and availability are also taking into consideration with the goal of maximising each team's potential.

So its intresting to see that non premiership sides like Sheff Weds, Utd & Southampton are in this years event once again!

Sky don't seem to be rushing to do a west country masters, but i wonder if the clubs could put one together ? Surely it cant be that hard and its sure to be popular.

You could have City, Rovers and Swindon and maybe extend it to bring in clubs like Plymouth, Cheltenham or Torquay to make up the numbers.

Then all you need is an indoor sports hall or ice rink and hey presto !

Wonder why we havent thought of doing this over the summer months before ?

Sky don't seem to be rushing to do a west country masters, but i wonder if the clubs could put one together ?  Surely it cant be that hard and its sure to be popular.

You could have City, Rovers and Swindon and maybe extend it to bring in clubs like Plymouth, Cheltenham or Torquay to make up the numbers.

Then all you need is an indoor sports hall or ice rink and hey presto !

Wonder why we havent thought of doing this over the summer months before ?

Could even have a Wales & West one, with Cardiff & Swansea in it. Cardiff Arena would be a suitable venue.

city.gif I also watched the Masters yesterday (any football at this time of year) and it was good to see two of our former players playing.

Gary Owers played for Sunderland and Carl Shutt for Leeds.

Last year I watched 'Jacki' turn out for Celtic and I have seen a lot of good players still giving it their all.

Wouldn't it be great to have a heat in the Wales and West area?

Archived