IGNORED

The Loudest You Have Ever Heard Ashton Gate

GeoTheCiderHead

Bit of a random post, but in my 11 years of supporting City, I've gotta say the loudest I have ever heard Ashton Gate was when Christian Roberts scored in injury time against Hartlepool United in the play-offs. IT WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DEAFENING!!! Anyone know of a time when Ashton Gate has been louder???

Guest Moose
Bit of a random post, but in my 11 years of supporting City, I've gotta say the loudest I have ever heard Ashton Gate was when Christian Roberts scored in injury time against Hartlepool United in the play-offs.  IT WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DEAFENING!!! Anyone know of a time when Ashton Gate has been louder???

Not at all helping the development of this thread - no I can't.

There were some big crowds in the pre-hillsborough past though, and didn't it always "seem" loud in the East End????

Guest Mightymilks

Aparently the referee (Graham Poll i think) wrote in an article for a national newspaper that, that game was the loudest hes ever officiated in (including champions league semi final at The stadio Del alpi at juventus)!

Aparently the referee (Graham Poll i think) wrote in an article for a national newspaper that, that game was the loudest hes ever officiated in (including champions league semi final at The stadio Del alpi at juventus)!

It probably could have seemed so for him. Even the old grannys by my were shouting like crazy. It was a very emotional/exciting end. Don't forget there were also a lot of fans, and the fans are relatively close to the pitch.

Got to Be in the play-offs at AG against a Hartlepool i woke up the next day and i couldnt speak  rofl2br.gif

That would be mine too!

I woke up the next day and couldnt hear, and had sprained my ankle from jumping round like a loony. But I didnt care that day!

People had to keep asking me to stop saying "WHAT!?!" whenever they asked me anything for the next few days!

And when we stuffed Notts county, that was quite loud too!

Dollymarie

When we were in the 4th div it was dead

Er, are you sure? I remember there being a very good atmosphere at times down in the 4th.

What I particularly remember is the 'Dunkirk Spirit' on the terraces, the complete lack of whinging and the hilarious 'always look on the bright side of life' sense of humour around the ground.

Loudest I can recall off the top of me head though are City v Liverpool in 1977 (38,000 crowd), City v West Brom in 1979 (30,000ish) and......... as someone else said, Forest in 1989 (Brian Moore remarked on the deafening noise in the commentary) and............... Hartlepool last season. Whether that was as loud as the Liverpool game is difficult to say really as EVERY match was deafening back then in the late 70s and the hearing suffers a bit after a while unsure.gif

Bit of a random post, but in my 11 years of supporting City, I've gotta say the loudest I have ever heard Ashton Gate was when Christian Roberts scored in injury time against Hartlepool United in the play-offs. IT WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DEAFENING!!! Anyone know of a time when Ashton Gate has been louder???

I must agree with the post, it was a huge noise. That night was so great....shame about the final sad.gif

Only been going since early 90's so for me it would have to be either the Liverpool game (this however may have been because I was a kid but seemed loud) or a cross between the Hartlepool game or when we beat the gas 3-2 just before xmas

I was watching the DVD of the Hartlepool game this evening - god, watching those last five minutes sends shivers up my spine. What's weird about it though was seeing Danny celebrating - made me feel kinda sad. I was never his greatest fan in the last days, but we haven't really seen days like it since he left, well, not yet!

Yeah. The atmosphere at that Forest cup match was amazing. Another good one was when we were 2.0 down to Hereford from the first leg, and beat them 3.0 at The Gate. When that third goal went in everyone went crazy. Also, when we beat Chelsea in the cup was another loud match. chant6ez.gif

The game for me had to be the Hartlepool game I have never quite heard anything like it before but when the Dolman Stand moved I had tears in my eyes. Another game that springs to mind is the Notts Forest game ,my cousin Paul Mardon played that day and I have never forgiven him for getting me tickets in the open end. I got bloody soaked. We were unlucky to lose that day.

Another would be the 5-4 gaame away to Mansfield those who had left the game eraly must have been gutted but the elation on the faces of the fans who witnessed a great comeback will stay with me for a long time. Come on you reds! englandsmile4wf.gif

1. Hartlepool

2. Notts Forest League Cup Semi

3. Bristol Rovers three days before Christmas when we won 3-2

In that order.

I took my wife to the Bristol Rovers game and she said it was deafening. But she was at home with our baby watching the Hartlepool game on SKY and when Roberts scored the winner she heard the noise above the TV and we live in Ashton Vale, now thats loud.

MM

Guest BeNeRz

Hartlepool play-off game the best game ive ever watched and the loudest never stopped singing the east end was loudest ive heard for a long time!

When we beat Chelsea in the cup. Got absolutely soaked walking from Temple Meads, had my money nicked by Chelsea, i was only a kid, but that 90 minutes and the noise will stick in my mind til my dying day city.gif

I seem to remember the League Cup Semi against Forest being quite loud......until Garry Parker did his bit! Bugger!

this is the one for me too

I recall the eastend being absolutely deafening

and walshy nearly snuck it too

(my memory of that day was of it tipping down with rain as I walked through past the Nova and there was a truck parked up with 'eternal summer' on it's side - I thought it was a sign!)

devil.gif

Archived