IGNORED

Any One Ever Been A City Mascot

dziekanowski

Yeh! I had the honour on Tuesday 25th September 01 at home to tranmere! We won the game that night 2-0 and it was a right laugh! Steve Jones scored 2 i think that night! I was doing showboating with Lee Matthews before the game he was a great laugh and i remmeber him trying to score from the half way line before the game!(Never got near) I also taking a penalty against Steve phillips and berried it top corner! Then steve came upto me and said that was a cracking finish! he looked amazed!

Great night one i will never forget!

I was a mascot for my 11th birthday on November 6th 1999, when we were home to Cambridge United. I was allowed to choose which player I wanted to run out of the tunnel with and chose Greg Goodridge. Funniest moment was when Scott Murray came out the tunnel around 2.30 to come and do some training on the pitch and completely slipped over. I couldn't stop laughing! Btw does anyone know where Greg Goodridge is now?

I have been a Mascot 3 times, against Northampton in 1990, Leicester 91. I was also a Mascot in the 1994 Portsmouth game the same as Dziekanowski

All 3 games city won, so I would consider myself a very lucky mascot.

I was mascot for city against Sheffield untied in the coca-cola cup going back a while,met Andy cole and Jacki and had a kick around with gary shelton the captain at the time. I know city won I think 2-1 Martin Scott scored a penalty and I think Terry connor got one.

Guest Burnell4rovers
I have been a Mascot 3 times, against Northampton in 1990,  Leicester 91. I was also a Mascot in the 1994 Portsmouth game the same as Dziekanowski

All 3 games city won, so I would consider myself a very lucky mascot.

You liar! I was a mascot at each of those games, so how can you have been.

I'm going to hunt you down.

disapointed2se.gif

I was actually mascot for FREE(!) after I had broken my arm at a BCFC soccer school day. Penalty shoot out and I was in goal, broke my arm - made a great save by the way - was crying and the coaches did nothing. My mum was so appalled the way the football coaches treated me, so she called Bristol City to tell them about what happened and the treatment, or the lack of treatment, that I had received from the football coaches. They were honestly shocked to hear this and said I could be mascot for no cost. I was mascot for a home match against Oxford 2 months later.

Was a mascot for the City Watford game in the season we went up. It was the game after we had clinched promotion, and us and Watford were pretty tight at the top of the league. I think the game ended 1-1, but the roar coming out with the players infront of a packed 22k crowd was immense!

I was a mascot for City back in January 1994.

Dire game, 0-0 draw with Stoke City, chucking it down with rain and a crowd of less than 10,000. laugh.gif

Still at least I can say ive done it. Met Wayne Allison who was a top lad, and Mark Shail who insisting on tickling me whilst I had my picture taken with him.

Guest hairyshamrock

I was mascott on my 7th birthday, Dec 12th 1987. We played York and had been on a stinking run before that but won 3-2. I think Steve Galliers was the Captain and i was nearly taller than him. My Gran knew a director at the time too and i got to go in to the players bar afterwards too and got my picture taken with the likes of Rob "To infinity" Newman, Joe Jordan (with his teeth in) and Alan Walsh. I told him about a year ago that i had my pic took with him when i was mascott at the age of 7 and he immediately felt very old!

The next game was the Shutty Spectacular where he scored all 4 and then got thrown in to the advertising hoardings by the ball boy! We went on a bit of a run after that i think and got to Wembley again against Mansfield but i purposely forget the result...!

Guest marcclifton

No but i once sat on the bench for a city home game, and came on at half time. luck would have it not as a player, but as a school kid doing work experience as the ground mens helper, with a fork in hand. I forgot who it was agaist, but it was in the mid 80,s It was raining really hard, and i got wet as duck. Still watched the hole game form the bench and its one of my ture storys, and i did come on at half time

Guest kez_0569

i was mascot against tranmere away was a great day..i remember the fans shoutin gives us a ball so i booted the ball to the top of stand and every 1 give me an applause i felt so happy.

My youngest was mascot when we played Wigan away, I think it was about 2 seasons ago. I had to go with him to meet the players as his dad was wearing his City shirt and it was not allowed in the boardroom. Tristan actually delayed the kickoff, by kicking the ball away. We also won that day, and Tristan received a wonderful cheer when he appeared on the pitch. Wigan also presented him with a medal for being mascot. My eldest has also been mascot at Wigan and also at home when we played Crewe Alexander twice in a month (when John Ward was manager). Must say I wouldn't mind being a mascot, but have been told that I am not young enough!!

chant6ez.gifwub.gif

Archived