IGNORED

Greg Goodridge

GeoTheCiderHead

Guest BeNeRz

I saw him in mcdonalds one time and was chatting to him and got him to sign my shirt as it was lucky i had my city shirt on that day! and he was a really nice guy shame he ever left AG sad.gif

I remember when he used to step over the ball 3 or 4 times,beat the man and then the defender would catch him up and he would beat him again.On his day he was amazing.Off his day he was very frustrating.Bit like scott murry but with better technique.

Bit like Scott Murray??? Your having a laugh! Scott Murray on his day can be good - IF he runs at defenders and uses his pace to either get a shot in, or a decent cross. Trouble is he needs a run up to get past defenders - needs to push the ball past them and then hope his pace will catch up to the ball.

Greg Goodridge on the other hand could keep the ball at his feet, still using pace run round defenders (several times!) then cut inside - and more often than not (this was his only bad side - he was greedy!) have a shot which would at least be on target and often scored.

Who would you rather have if both players were on top form? Greg Goodridge for me every time!

Greg Goodridge on the other hand could keep the ball at his feet, still using pace run round defenders (several times!) then cut inside - and more often than not (this was his only bad side - he was greedy!) have a shot which would at least be on target and often scored.

I'm not too sure how often his shots were on target. I thought most of them ended up in the top row of the ayteo. The few shots on target he had normally resulted in goals though.

I did enjoy his skill though and the ability to make fullbacks look like idiots. If only there was an end result to it though.

Greg had more skill in his natty dreads than Murray does in his whole body. There's no question as to who is the more skillful footballer and I'd pick Greg over Scott every single time.

Goalscoring stats on the other hand are a little more in Scotty's favour...

he was quality until he got fat, went downhill from there and Murray was perfoprming better, also i remember his step overs were good but didn't rlly always fox division 2 standard defeders but he does have more skill that scott, scott doesn't even attempt step overs he kicks the ball and runs!

Archived