IGNORED

Akinfenwa

Guest Champagne Football

It would largely surprise me if city were going to sign him as he is only 5ft 11 where as Tinnion has statedhe wants a Target man.Although he don't have a bad scoring record from last season he averages a goal every 2 game as this website shows!

http://www.torquayunited.premiumtv.co.uk/p...5~27462,00.html

But if i was Tinnion i would stay away and actually go for a "Target Man"

Just looked at that myself,

5,11 surely isnt a target man and he'd have to wait behind 3 other strikers before getting a sniff at the starting line up!!

Whereas a 6ft + would always have an opportunity of playing as an extra option

A couple of days ago Torquay was sure that he was destined to join a Championship club. Maybe now that we have his former team mate that's where the rumours have sprung from.

Unless someone else leaves we are going to have too many strikers to keep happy again? Maybe Gillespie will be departing? Or even Leroy ,which seems unlikely if we are building for promotion? I rather have more options than not enough, but keeping them all fit and hungry isn't easy as has been proved. Maybe it was more down to the attitudes of the players why it was so difficult last season?

Just looked at that myself,

5,11 surely isnt a target man and he'd have to wait behind 3 other strikers before getting a sniff at the starting line up!!

Whereas a 6ft + would always have an opportunity of playing as an extra option

Brooker is 5 10 I believe and not bad as a target man so I don't see why Akinfewa would be bad back up if he is strong.

I think the only feasable reason to sign him would be if somethings going on with Lita.

I know, this then brings up the season long conversation of will he? wont he? again.

I'll be more positive when he signs the contract that he claims he has wanted since the end of the season but as yet has signed!!

The only reason why I would want Adebayo Akinfenwa is so that he could dive and win some penalties like at AG last season when Tommy Doherty apparently fouled him. Otherwise I really do not see the point in getting him. He's a clumsy centre forward and he missed so many chances for Torquay against City at Plainmoor it's unbelievable.

From what I saw of him when we played Torquay at Plainmoor this season he can be a bit of a handful and got a couple of decent shots away, but is also a bit of a donkey sometimes. Tries one too many tricks and tends to get the ball stuck between his feet and then falls over!

Seeing him actually reminded me of when I saw Tony Rougier make his debut for us against Port Vale away - showed that he was a decent player underneath it all (and prooved it in future games), but he tried to hard to be clever and kept falling over!

Big, strong, played well in both games against us last season but his finishing was very poor at Plainmoor. I can recall a certain Mr Wayne Allison who was rated clumsy but he turned it around didn't he (BCFC top scorer for a couple of seasons AND in a higher division than we are now) and as Akinfenwa is 23 he has time on his side. Yes, I would have liked a more experienced 23yo but at least we may get some more penalties next season.

BCAGFC

Big, strong, played well in both games against us last season but his finishing was very poor at Plainmoor. I can recall a certain Mr Wayne Allison who was rated clumsy but he turned it around didn't he (BCFC top scorer for a couple of seasons AND in a higher division than we are now) and as Akinfenwa is 23 he has time on his side. Yes, I would have liked a more experienced 23yo but at least we may get some more penalties next season.

BCAGFC

What does BCAGFC stand for?

Archived