IGNORED

The City Squad In Fm

jimtastic

Reading through the forum, there are quite a lot of views on various players in the City squad. Thought it might be interesting to get them all into one place, as there are players I don't utilise at the moment and perhaps should.

Phillips - usually performs pretty well for me right up into the championship. I find it quite difficult to rate keepers though. If you've got a good side, the goalie's stats tend to suffer as they've got less to do.

Coles - never really does that well for me. Usually tend to hang onto him for a couple of seasons before letting him go for a pittance.

Fortune/Amankwaah - do OK. Never really set the earth on fire

Doherty - Usually does quite well for me. Value never rises much though.

Dinning - does surprisingly well for me Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.. Tends to play second fiddle to Doherty or Guarin.

Orr - did well for me prior to the update, not really given him a run since.

Wilkshire - did well for me prior to the update, not really given him a run since.

Murray - Consistently excellent until he hits 33 or thereabouts. At that point, I tend to flog him.

Anyinsah - one of the best players in the squad IMO. Consistently 8.0 average in just about every season I play.

Brown - very good indeed and scores often

Miller - did well for me pre-update. By the time he comes back post-update, I've already established a decent pairing, so he tends not to get a look in.

Heffernan - Doesn't do too badly, but I've seen better.

Brooker - never quite know what to do with him. He seems too good (in my head) to sell, but never gets a look-in with Lita/Heffernan/other signings ahead of him in the pecking order. Usually ends up unhappy and I end up selling him. Has anyone given him a decent run?

Lita - pretty good for me since the update, but without setting the earth on fire.

Gillespie - never really given him a runout, but again tend to hang onto him as it seems a waste to sell. My formation didn't really fit an AMC. He changed to FC inthe update, but I can't bring myself to pick him over Lita/Heff etc. Anyone given him a run?

Goodfellow - Never given him much of a runout. How can you pick him over the likes of Murray and Anyinsah. Any good?

Bell/Tinnion/Smith - tend to get rid of them early to cut the wage bill and because I'm a bit of an ageist - I tend to nurture young talent rather than play the oldies. For the limited time I've played Tinnion, he's done well for me.

I think that covers most of the regulars I use. Anyone I've not mentioned tends not to get a look-in.

What doesn't help is that all of the coaches think that the whole squad is great or had potential!

Also, I'm quite interested to hear what size databases you all use. I tend to go for the small database as it's what FM recommends. Feel like I'm missing out though. Is there any noticable drop in performance if you use a larger database?

Guest markreynolds1986

Ive got the update and my Squad is this so you can make your own assumptions smile.gif

GK : PHILLIPS

RB : COLES

CB : CAREY

CB : FORTUNE

LB : ROBBIE RYAN (GAS I KNOW BUT HE IS GOOD )

RM : MURRAY

CM : WILKSHIRE

CM : DOHERTY

LM : GARETH O'CONNER

CF : BROOKER

FC: LITA

SUBS:

CLINT DAVIS

BELL

DINNING

ANYISHAH

HEFFERNAN

All of the players in my first 16 are good enough to clinch prmotion as i did , finishing 2nd to Hull.

Doherty was out all season so had to play Dinning who done a good job with Stefan Oakes as my bench warmer for CM ( purcahsed from Notts C ) i've now transfter listed him so i can try to get Wellens for the championship.

I too Find ANYISHAH quality , always does well and helps he can play on both flanks

With the update Lita's value has gone upto 5.75mill and ive rejected bids from Milan, Valencia and Everton. Skuse has been called up by England U-21 and Cotterill is worth 1.2mill and Birmingham are interested in him. Skuse's value is also around 3-4mill biggrin.gif

Archived