IGNORED

Wedlocks Pub Closed Down

myol'man

As the Ask Steve/ Colin page has closed for the summer i'll have to ask this on the open forum.

The Wedlocks pub opposite Ashton Gate has closed down since the end of the season, with all of the doors and windows boarded up.

I would guess that this means the lease is available for a new tenant to buy.

As this has always been a popular pre-match meeting place for many City

fans, would the club consider taking it over?

For a fairly small outlay and with a City friendly landlord (maybe an ex-player)

the club could have somewhere for fans to meet not only on matchdays,

but at any time.

party-smiley-003.gifparty-smiley-012.gif

Guest we8thegas
I think its a brilliant idea. Would be a bit of a silly idea not to be run by a fan considering its position. 

Wonder if the supporters club could take it on?

Dollymarie

Dolly should take it on,she can be a right Bar steward at times whistling.gif

[edit]JOKE,JOKE,CEASE FIRE,CEASE FIRE notworthy.gif

Guest alex1089

If someone wishing to invest money into a pub or any type of buisness then maybe someone in the supporters trust should set up some kind of meeting. If we could find a invester and get it ran by the supporters club with the supporters club getting a cut of the profit. Could be a successful buisness I think! Who agrees?

Guest we8thegas
Cheers love, we could run it together and you could be the ugly get, that scares away all the hangers on at closing time!

Dollymarie

nah,already got three jobs

1.getting out of bed

2.making passenger aircraft parts

3.keeping hands to one's self while in the company of alcoholic beverages and delectable succulent bappage wub.gif

Guest we8thegas
U forgot

4. habitually hurling abuse my way!

But I really think that this is a brilliant opportunity for a city fan who has the means and knowledge to take on.

Dollymarie

you could be the ugly get

who's abusive dance.gif

wink.gif

I would be great if City owned and ran it. They then could play old games on the TV all week and on match days. How good would that be.

The only problem i see, is that you probably wouldnt be able to get Tommy out. biggrin.gif

It sounds like a good idea, But !

What you have to remember is that you only have a Guaranteed 26 matches a year and I don't think that this business or any other business could run on on 26 days takings per year,

I am not sure how busy it is on a normal day but I would guess that with another three pubs pubs within five minutes walk of each other, not very busy so unless you could do something spectacular to encourage people from miles around to come to this pub then I would guess it was doomed to failure.

You could I suppose have Wedlocks Lap Dancing Club !!! :, I think the old boy would turn in his grave. ohmy.gif

As the Ask Steve/ Colin page has closed for the summer i'll have to ask this on the open forum.

The Wedlocks pub opposite Ashton Gate has closed down since the end of the season, with all of the doors and windows boarded up.

I would guess that this means the lease is available for a new tenant to buy.

As this has always been a popular pre-match meeting place for many City

fans, would the club consider taking it over?

For a fairly small outlay and with a City friendly landlord (maybe an ex-player)

the club could have somewhere for fans to meet not only on matchdays,

but at any time.

party-smiley-003.gif  party-smiley-012.gif

Haven't Brentford done this? dunno.gif

Steve Lansdown has already stated on his forum that BCFC would not be interested in taking it on.

BCAGFC

P.s. Speaking as an ex licencee unless you actually own the freehold (the pub building itself) forget it, rents are too high and beer is too expensive.

Guest Vodared

don't forget, it my be a dump, but furniture does not make a pub, the people that drank in there and the landlord were 2nd to none.

This was proberbly one of the best match day pubs ever

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

Archived