IGNORED

Swansea To Talk To Akinfenwa

dziekanowski

Oh no....he's a fantastic player, we would be truly gutted if we were to miss out on him!!!

I suppose we would have to go looking for a quality centre half (Coughlan), and a speedy left winger who can cross the ball on the run, score goals and track back(?????????).

Oh well, fair play to you Swansea, we'll just have to live with it!

Guest Tom B

whats everyones problem with Akinfenwa? He's only 23 so hes's still got a lot to learn, he scored 16 goals last season which isn't bad, and look how many goals Kuffour got to, a lot of his goals came from Akinfenwa's lay off's. A bit like the Brooker and Mcphee partnership for Vale a few seasons back!

whats everyones problem with Akinfenwa? He's only 23 so hes's still got a lot to learn, he scored 16 goals last season which isn't bad, and look how many goals Kuffour got to, a lot of his goals came from Akinfenwa's lay off's. A bit like the Brooker and Mcphee partnership for Vale a few seasons back!

Yes, but City fans love jumping on the bandwagon.

Akinfenwa is becoming a Bristol City scapegoat before even joining us.

Agree with what you said, i honestly don't understand. dunno.gif Its hardly like he will be on the same wage Dinning will be on is it? I think he could be a good squad member myself. Seems like most people are paranoid because of the one mistake error signing we made.

Guest routabout

I just signed up to get this off my chest, this thread seemed the most appropriate and thankfully I see that I'm not alone in my opinion. I've just copy / pasted this from my blog cum website thingy which I won't give the address of, as I know exactly what that would look like. You know, "ooooo, I got this pants little website and you MUST all see it, come look at me everybody!!!!" So, anyways, here goes:

I've been growing increasingly concerned about Brian Tinnion's interest in Torquay United striker Adebayo Akinfenwa. I certainly think that the £300,000 that Torquay want for him, is money best spent elsewhere on the squad. What worries me most, is that the lad seems to have a bad attitude. His agent (or should that be agents, plural) also seems to be of the usual mould, in other words a football parasite.

Do we need a player like this at the club? I think not. Look at Dinning, Tony Thorpe, Liam Rosenior. They caused problems at the club and we don't need another. Would Akinfenwa be happy as understudy to Steve Brooker? I think not and I can't see him not causing problems as a result. I doubt that he's better than Brooker and I would rather have Brooker up front than Akinfenwa.

I fully understand Tinman's reasoning, but maybe this isn't the right man? Think about it carefully Tinman he could become a thorn in your side. It also seems strange that at such a young age, Akinfenwa has had a few clubs already. Why is this?

I have a really bad feeling about this guy and would far prefer we steered clear of him. Use the money to strengthen our defensive and goalkeeping areas. We're building a good team at the moment, with good team spirit. Akinfenwa is a potential bad apple, who could end up ruining the whole basket.

Since reading a bit more about him on the BBC site, I want to scream "Please don't sign Akinfenwa!" Anybody who has two agents circulating their name to clubs, cannot possibly be good for the City. Now come on! We've made some great signings over the summer and we still need bolstering in other areas, before we allow ourselves the luxury of cover for Brooker. Akinfenwa will eat up most of the money we've got from the sale of Miller and Heff, and let's face it, this Akinfenwa guy has attitude written all over him. Two agents indeed. He's in a relegated league one side and he has two agents!

Archived