IGNORED

Swansea Out Of Race

Alex_BCFC

Swansea we're in the race? laugh.gif

Yeps, he's on his way here by the looks of things for about 100k chant6ez.gif

A good signing imo and will keep Brooker on his toes and offer cover for injuries.

This guy is a talented and with the right coaching could turn into a great player for us.

That's us (I tried to say a naughty word)ed then.

Yeah we have a habit of turning good players into average ones- with exceptions of course. We be an ok signing by me but we need a left winger and centre back more I feel. Anyway I reckon this one will go to a tribunal.

Swansea we're in the race?  laugh.gif

Yeps, he's on his way here by the looks of things for about 100k  chant6ez.gif

A good signing imo and will keep Brooker on his toes and offer cover for injuries.

This guy is a talented and with the right coaching could turn into a great player for us.

Didn't realise Brooker needed "keeping on his toes"...............

He certainly did well enough last season with out having to be kept on his toes!!!

I would of much rather of kept Miller or Heffernan, rather than sign Akinfenwa.....

Seems like we have taken 1 step forward by getting rid of the two said players for a bit of cash, only to take 2 steps back by signing Akinfenwa for any kind of fee.

Didn't realise Brooker needed "keeping on his toes"...............

He certainly did well enough last season with out having to be kept on his toes!!!

I would of much rather of kept Miller or Heffernan, rather than sign Akinfenwa.....

Seems like we have taken 1 step forward by getting rid of the two said players for a bit of cash, only to take 2 steps back by signing Akinfenwa for any kind of fee.

I'm glad to see Miller go, he obviously wasn't too intersted in giving it all his all for City- Brentford away in the FA Cup last season...He seems happiest in Scotland so we just have to admit we got the signing wrong. As for Heff he is like Lita and Stewart so no point in keeping him. Akinfenwa is geunine cover for Brooker which is good cos Brooker does pick up knocks here and there.

I'm glad to see Miller go, he obviously wasn't too intersted in giving it all his all for City- Brentford away in the FA Cup last season...He seems happiest in Scotland so we just have to admit we got the signing wrong. As for Heff he is like Lita and Stewart so no point in keeping him. Akinfenwa is geunine cover for Brooker which is good cos Brooker does pick up knocks here and there.

I would much rather we went to one of the Premiership teams and offered one of their young strikers a year long loan, rather than cough up any money for Akinfenwa.

The only real way I would consider Akinfenwa, would be to send Woodman the other way as a straight swap, that way no fee has been paid for a bench warmer.

Torquay seem keen on Woodman, so it may be that that is going to be an option?

Edit: The Black Dahlia beat me to the idea.

Don't rule out Woody being thrown in, me thinks he could be in the deal anyways.

Akinfenwa is unlike any striker we have seen at the gate for a while, i'm not sure what catogory to put him in.

I think he's been considered quite unsporting, which when you think about it could help us. how many pen's did we get last season, not many was it?

We do need cover for Brooker, we had cover for him last season and we need it again this season.

I don't see why a prem striker would come here to sit on the bench when he can do that at his current club with the posibility of getting a game at Chelsea for instance.

I hate to sound like a brown noser, but i trust Tins to get us promoted, if he thinks this guy can do a job then he has my backing 100%.

Don't rule out Woody being thrown in, me thinks he could be in the deal anyways.

Akinfenwa is unlike any striker we have seen at the gate for a while, i'm not sure what catogory to put him in.

I think he's been considered quite unsporting, which when you think about it could help us. how many pen's did we get last season, not many was it?

We do need cover for Brooker, we had cover for him last season and we need it again this season.

I don't see why a prem striker would come here to sit on the bench when he can do that at his current club with the posibility of getting a game at Chelsea for instance.

I hate to sound like a brown noser, but i trust Tins to get us promoted, if he thinks this guy can do a job then he has my backing 100%.

Just when do you trust Tinnion to get us promoted? I'm sure you thought the same last season. He's not the right man, I'm afraid

Just when do you trust Tinnion to get us promoted? I'm sure you thought the same last season. He's not the right man, I'm afraid

Fair point, but..

I trust him this season as i did the last, i don't feel let down at all by Tinnion.

We we're unlucky last season, 7th though is not bad for your first year at the helm managing a squad picked by lazyman Wilson.

Tins will get us up this season you can count on it.

Blind enthusiasm ? nope, it will happen. city.gif

Fair point, but..

I trust him this season as i did the last, i don't feel let down at all by Tinnion.

We we're unlucky last season, 7th though is not bad for your first year at the helm managing a squad picked by lazyman Wilson.

Tins will get us up this season you can count on it.

Blind enthusiasm ? nope, it will happen.  city.gif

Not as confident as you Evocare but he definately deserves another go this season. It wasn't the fact the came 7th, it was the way we played at times. Ripped apart by Luton twice, Bradford away, numerous dire draws at home along with the shocking and embarassing defeat to Cheaterfield on Sky. Despite all that there were signs he was beginning to get it right- we shall see.

Not as confident as you Evocare but he definately deserves another go this season. It wasn't the fact the came 7th, it was the way we played at times. Ripped apart by Luton twice, Bradford away, numerous dire draws at home along with the shocking and embarassing defeat to Cheaterfield on Sky. Despite all that there were signs he was beginning to get it right- we shall see.

I know, i try to put them down to tactical inexperiance, oh well.

Yes i am the unrelenting optimist, no point being negative no matter what the subject as far as i'm concern. smile.gif

I know, i try to put them down to tactical inexperiance, oh well.

Yes i am the unrelenting optimist, no point being negative no matter what the subject as far as i'm concern. smile.gif

Fair enough Evo- optimism is good but so is a sense of realism! I think 4/5th unless we get top quality centre back in.

Fair enough Evo- optimism is good but so is a sense of realism! I think 4/5th unless we get top quality centre back in.

My sence of realism goes out the window when it comes to City, it has to so i can enjoy the football!

Could not agree more about a centrehalf though, no point creating goals one end if you let more in the other.

Archived