IGNORED

Alan 'abnoxious' Green

Percy Parrot

Should Alan 'abnoxious' Green be allowed on 5 Live?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Get Twentyman in...NOW!

Excuse my ignorance but what's he done wrong? I've always found his commentary style to be highly effective as he actually makes the most boring 0-0 draw worth listening to. :)

Also, what does 'abnoxious' mean?

what's he done wrong?

his rants. His 'my view is right' stubborness. His arrogance.

I remember one time when, at a game, some fans did the Mexican Wave. It was fairly recently but can't remember who was playing. Now as some of you are aware the wave was ORIGINALLY done to signify a displeased crowd- one that was bored. But now it has very positive connotations. He chose to ignore the latter fact and went into a 5 minute rant about how terrible the crowd were. He actually said in a very angry voice "they're idiots. There is nothing else you can describe them as but total idiots"...HE was the idiot!!

On 606 he never lets anyone have a different view to him and is constantly rude to those who try. He goes into rants as though he was a tabloid writer and fails to think about why certain people may have done certain things or whether there is a different side to the story.

what's he done wrong?

his rants. His 'my view is right' stubborness. His arrogance.

I remember one time when, at a game, some fans did the Mexican Wave. It was fairly recently but can't remember who was playing. Now as some of you are aware the wave was ORIGINALLY done to signify a displeased crowd- one that was bored. But now it has very positive connotations. He chose to ignore the latter fact and went into a 5 minute rant about how terrible the crowd were. He actually said in a very angry voice "they're idiots. There is nothing else you can describe them as but total idiots"...HE was the idiot!!

On 606 he never lets anyone have a different view to him and is constantly rude to those who try. He goes into rants as though he was a tabloid writer and fails to think about why certain people may have done certain things or whether there is a different side to the story.

MMMmmmmm.. Sounds like you could be refering to a few misguided souls on the forum, not just Alan Green.

Everyone should be allowed their own opinion, and if it differs from your own then so be it.

OK his views may be a bit contravertial and he doesn't budge easily, but on the actual commentary there's none better.

I get really 'into' my football and if city socre i really go bonkers, and Green is the equivalent of this, he actually gets into the match. We have too many commentators who would be the equivalent to a politely clapping fan when his/her team scores (i.e. Barry Davies). We need more commentators who are prepared to shout into the mic and actually get excited like Green.

Alan Green is a fantastic commentator. I was listening to him on one of the midweek Euro games on R5 last week, and he came up with a brilliant description of the preening ref with the blonde highlights: 'If this referee was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself'. Classic.

Archived