IGNORED

Lack Of Common Sense?

tin

I really don't understand some of the signings we're making and names we're being linked with.

It was clear to see that Tins needed to boost the squad but the positions of the player's he's bringing in are a tad strange.

Stewart aside, why have we brought in two albeit good central midfielders when the real positions that needed reinforcing, in my opinion, were at left back, centre back and down both wings?

We certainly don't need Akinfenwa's services and its all the more astonishing we're making strides to sign him because a six-figure fee would be involved.

We need a decent left back becuase it's naive to think that Golbourne will get through 46 league games at left back and if Fortune is his only competition then god help us cos he aint no left back either!

We could have done better when signing Heywood by getting Nelson, but he will do a job next year, but yet again there's no hint of a left winger being brought to fill the void left by Aaron Brown 2 years ago.

Murray on the right doesn't possess the zest he had 2 season's ago and urgently needs replacing too. The opposition will figure out Cotterill and, like Golbourne, he can't be expected to play the majority of the season.

Does this point to another crack at the otherwise unsuccesful 4-3-3 formation tried at the start of last year? I dunno dunno.gif

It is odd.

I'd quite like to see 4 3 3 tried again. Last time we did it we clearly didn't have the personnel to make it work, the way things are going at the moment I think it could be effective.

Lita, Stewart and Brooker up front should destroy opposition defences if we can just get the ball that far up field.

Even if we do play 4-4-3, that still leaves us short of competition at left back.

I agree that we do need an out and out left winger, but the nightmare of Tinman the tinkerer is still niggling at the back of my mind.

3 up front, 4 in midfield and 3 at the back? (Probably Fortune, Heywood, Carey - and without an out and out left winger?)

The old fashioned 4-4-2, but without an out and out left winger and who plays up front?

I would say that 4-3-3 is the likely option, especially pre season - but who plays in midfield? Me I hear you ask? If I had to chose 3 midfielders? I'd go for Smith - Russell - Ayinsah pre season see how they get on...

But come season 05 - 06 (christ I'm getting old), i think 4 - 3- 3 is too attacking, and could cause us problems. If we had a pure, old fashioned left winger, with Murray, Cotterill or Ayinsah on the right, the service to the front two would be enough. Otherwise the front 3 arent going to have enough space, and the out and out winger in a 4 - 3- 3 will just get marked out of the game.

Archived