IGNORED

Captain

Weav

Guest hairyshamrock

Carey, Brooker or maybe Russell. Someone with experience playing centrally - if possible in midfield or defence - would always get my first vote. I wouldn't be against putting a wider player or striker as skipper though but they would really have to prove themselves, as Brooks did last season.

No chance for Smith in my eyes as he was too much of a brown-streak-creator in and around our own box...

I can see the headlines "Captain Brooker steadies the city ship"

Just think how many goals he could score as captain. He scored in 2 matches v Donny and Sheff Weds. Shall we put in a request to Tinnion on the open day? Whats say????

Guys...does anyone know what a captains job is?

Its a person who inspires their team to win a football match, they don't have to be amazing on the pitch, they don't have to be at city for 2+ years and they don't even have to be on the pitch.

Jamie Smith is not my favorite player but i still think he is the right man for the captaincy because he can inspire players to play to the best of their ability for this club. One of his great strengths is organizing players on the pitch and jeering them up in the dressing room (well thats what tinnoin says).

However Brooker could inspire players through playing well, like what he did at Sheffield.

Tough decision for tinnion but i think he made the right choice but definitely brooker for vice captain city.gif

Its a person who inspires their team to win a football match, they don't have to be amazing on the pitch, they don't have to be at city for 2+ years and they don't even have to be on the pitch.

Jamie Smith is not my favorite player but i still think he is the right man for the captaincy because he can inspire players to play to the best of their ability for this club. One of his great strengths is organizing players on the pitch and jeering them up in the dressing room (well thats what tinnoin says).

However Brooker could inspire players through playing well, like what he did at Sheffield.

Tough decision for tinnion but i think he made the right choice but definitely brooker for vice captain  city.gif

The only thing I disagree with is that Smith isnt as good on the pitch as captain as I would have liked. Would prefer a Taylor mould someone to gee the crowd up and Smith has not shown these qualities since taking the captains armband from Doc.

Tough decision for tinnion but i think he made the right choice but definitely brooker for vice captain  city.gif

Agree withy this...

Smith, Brooker might not play - then for me its Carey, Coles or Phillips...

Archived