IGNORED

U2 Fans

Rutland Red

Saw them at Twickenham on Saturday night. In comparision to the Zooropa tour when I saw them at the Arms Park, they were far better and totally justify their claim as the best live group on the planet.

They did Vertigo twice (as an opener and an ender. The second one was out of this world). Others which stood out were : Beautiful Day, Elevation, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Where The Streets Have No Name. Personally the best performance was Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Hopefully, many City fans will see them at Cardiff on the 29th.

Guest DrFaustus

When you said, "in for a treat", I was hoping that the talentless, affected, anally-retentive dross that is U2 had split up.

Bugger.

Saw them at Twickenham on Saturday night. In comparision to the Zooropa tour when I saw them at the Arms Park, they were far better and totally justify their claim as the best live group on the planet.

They did Vertigo twice (as an opener and an ender. The second one was out of this world). Others which stood out were : Beautiful Day, Elevation, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Where The Streets Have No Name. Personally the best performance was Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Hopefully, many City fans will see them at Cardiff on the 29th.

It all sounds good until you state that they played Vertigo twice!! Now, is it me or is that extremely sell out??? Do you think Nirvana ever played a song twice?? Nope.

Surely with a back catalogue like U2s they could have begun and ended with two beauties!.. Where the streets have no name....

Guest DrFaustus
It all sounds good until you state that they played Vertigo twice!! Now, is it me or is that extremely sell out???  Do you think Nirvana ever played a song twice?? Nope. 

Surely with a back catalogue like U2s they could have begun and ended with two beauties!..  Where the streets have no name....

Or alternatively, they could have never picked up musical instruments and chosen something which would have inflicted less misery on the world's populace.

Worse than U2? I suppose you could have Coldplay, Dido or Madonna.

Or alternatively, they could have never picked up musical instruments and chosen something which would have inflicted less misery on the world's populace.

Or you could shut up and acknowledge that even though you may not like them no one can deny that they are the biggest band in the world at the moment. Who else in the world could have support acts including: Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, The Thrills, Feeder, The Bravery, Athlete, Idlewind, Ash, The Doves, The Killers, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Music, Razorlight, Keane, The Zutons and Kings of Leon? The gig I'm going to in Dublin could have sold out 10 times over, thats basically 1 million people.

After The Beatles and Thew Rolling stones they are probably the biggest band ever: U2 are legends

U2 are legends. As is Madonna with the other two you mention potential legends. Putting taste to one side I think to suggest they arent a good band is a little short sighted!!

BUT - I reiterate, I think playing Vertigo twice is wrong.

It was a bit of a surpirise doing Vertigo twice, but it really did get everyone going.

The playlist at Twickers was:

Vertigo

I Will Follow

Cry / Electric Co.

Elevation

New Year's Day

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

All I Want is You

City of Blinding Lights

Miracle Drug

Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own

Love and Peace

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Bullet The Blue Sky

Running to Standstill

Pride in the Name of Love

Where the Streets have No Name

One

Zoo Station

The Fly

Mysterious Ways

Yahweh

Vertigo

At Manchester they did With Or Without You instead of Mysterious ways.

It was a bit of a surpirise doing Vertigo twice, but it really did get everyone going.

The playlist at Twickers was:

Vertigo

I Will Follow

Cry / Electric Co.

Elevation

New Year's Day

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

All I Want is You

City of Blinding Lights

Miracle Drug

Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own

Love and Peace

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Bullet The Blue Sky

Running to Standstill

Pride in the Name of Love

Where the Streets have No Name

One

Zoo Station

The Fly

Mysterious Ways

Yahweh

Vertigo

At Manchester they did With Or Without You instead of Mysterious ways.

I can't believe they have left out 'With or Without You' for the majority of the tour. After 'One' that is my favourite U2 song. Along with playing songs twice, I think that has been a big mistake on this tour.

Guest DrFaustus
U2 are legends.  As is Madonna with the other two you mention potential legends.  Putting taste to one side I think to suggest they arent a good band is a little short sighted!!

BUT - I reiterate, I think playing Vertigo twice is wrong.

Just opinion of course, but I reckon U2 are overrated, mincing poseurs, with the talent of a tone deaf artichoke.

I saw U2 in Warsaw Poland in 1997, it was part of their 'POP' tour and it was the most amazing concert i've ever been to.

Few concerts give you that real overwhelming feeling where the hairs stand on your neck, but when 'New Years Days' came on there was the most amazing roar of cheers and people went completly mad!

This i later learned was because in 1980, the Solidarity movement in Poland, under the leadership of Lech Walesa, openly challenged the oppressive rule of the then Polish government. In December 1981, the Solidarity movement was outlawed and Walesa, and its other leaders, were arrested and put in jail. As Bono once recalled: "Subconsciously I must have been thinking about Lech Walesa being interned and his wife not being allowed to see him. Then, when we'd recorded the song, they announced that martial law would be lifted in Poland on New Year's Day. Incredible."

The Poles now identify this song with that movement which explained the nature of their excitment, wonderful.

Just opinion of course, but I reckon U2 are overrated, mincing poseurs, with the talent of a tone deaf artichoke.

have you ever sat down and listened to there work , been to a concert.

if you do this you and come to respect diffrent genres of music then you can not say they are overrated. i advise you sit down and listen to what they say in there music, and the rythems.

there are by far one of the greatest bands on the earth

Guest we8thegas
When you said, "in for a treat", I was hoping that the talentless, affected, anally-retentive dross that is U2 had split up.

Bugger.

you got no taste,after all you're a gashead razz.gif

Guest we8thegas
Just opinion of course, but I reckon BRISTOL ROVERS are overrated, mincing poseurs, with the talent of a tone deaf artichoke.

that's more like it razz.gif

Guest DrFaustus
have you ever sat down and listened to there work , been to a concert.

if you do this you and come to respect diffrent genres of music then you can not say they are overrated. i advise you sit down and listen to what they say in there music, and the rythems.

there are by far one of the greatest bands on the earth

I've seen them live, which was a mistake. As for different genres of music, I like anything from The Wildhearts to Patsy Cline...just not U2.

Spongebob - you can do better than puerile abuse.

Guest east_dundry_red

I'll agree with the gashead on this one.

U2 are talentless crap.

Yes i have been to one of their shows and it was crap there was no showmanship involved just them on stange singing like they would in their bathroom. (would have to be a big bathroom though)

Ive been to many concerts the 2 best were Usher (paris) and Oasis (manchester) by far.

I'll agree with the gashead on this one.

U2 are talentless crap.

Yes i have been to one of their shows and it was crap there was no showmanship involved just them on stange singing like they would in their bathroom. (would have to be a big bathroom though)

But you also think we should "JUST STICK A BOMB UNDER IRAQ AND WIPE IT OFF THE MAP!", so I don't think you can talk.

Archived