IGNORED

Shaun Taylor

somered

Guest hairyshamrock

Interesting times up the road... All the best big Shaun - the guy was as big as his heart and he always gave us everything, can't wish nothing but good things for the guy.

I know its a big one, but what if he'd been unvieled as the new coach a year ago...?

I know its a big one, but what if he'd been unvieled as the new coach a year ago...?

We would probably have struggled more than we did last season.

Shaun Taylor was a great player but I do not think he was that good a coach. I used to watch him put the central defenders through their warm up drills before a game. None of them appear capable of heading a ball properly. They all get under the ball and it balloon it up in the air. Considering he was such a good header of the ball himself I am surprised that Shaun did not do anything about that.

That aside, I would like to wish him all the best at FGR.

Interesting times up the road... All the best big Shaun - the guy was as big as his heart and he always gave us everything, can't wish nothing but good things for the guy. 

Perhaps people could help me here because I would love to know what Millen has actually done wrong.

I've heard lots of people say that the players respect him more than anyone on the coaching staff and, apparently, his coaching exams were passed with top notch marks. Have any of the "problem" players actually had their problems with Millen, or was it Tinnion they had a problem with? Millen made one obvious tactical error in one game last season (Chesterfield substitutions). Not the only one to make the odd mistake last season, was he?

And, coming back to hairyshamrock's last comment, what was Shaun Taylor doing when these "obvious" mistakes were being made by our fledgling management team last season? Didn't seem to be offering too much sound advice, did he? As much as he is a good bloke who served the club well, he also had his chance when he was in charge of a reserve team getting hammered every week a few years back if my memory is correct.

I wish Shaun Taylor all the best in the future but I cannot see his loss as being catastrophic for the club.

Archived