IGNORED

Living At Home

Heathy33

Everytime i read ab thread about someone popping into the gate or driving past and seeing someting happening, i get a little pang of jealousy and a twinge of home sickness. I've never lived near the ground but sometimes wish i did.

So, what good reasons can you give to convince the wife we should jack it all in and move back to bristol?

Everytime i read ab thread about someone popping into the gate or driving past and seeing someting happening, i get a little pang of jealousy and a twinge of home sickness. I've never lived near the ground but sometimes wish i did.

So, what good reasons can you give to convince the wife we should jack it all in and move back to bristol?

Living in Dorset myself............... I can't think of any. biggrin.gif

Guest mesa boogie

Theirs a Next Outlet shop in Bristol, that she do the trick.

Dave, your becoming somewhat of a resident over here.  farmer.gif

Stu..... I think he likes the danger of only being a closet City supporter.... or forum member..... because we are all such great Guy's and Gal's , plus we have the best team, best forum etc etc

'City Curious' the lot of em w00t.gif

Guest mesa boogie
Stu..... I think he likes the danger of only being a closet City supporter.... or forum member..... because we are all such great Guy's and Gal's , plus we have the best team, best forum etc etc

'City Curious' the lot of em  w00t.gif

Just quite bored of the constant moaning and bitching on ours, it seems 4th Division football does that to you. dunno.gif

Depends where you're trying to drag her away from really.

On a day like today, driving along Coronation Road and looking up to Cabot Tower, the Suspension Bridge and Ashton Court, Bristol doesn't take much selling.

If you've settled in the Yorkshire Dales though, don't bother.

hhmmmm, I get up around 6:30, get the baby out of bed, open his curtains and take a quick look at Ashton Gate from the window.

Slight Smile and walk down stairs for brekkie.

Shower, get dressed and join the flaming traffic chaos our council has managed to create all over Bristol which gets really up my back....sorry...just lost it there a bit...where was I....oh yes....

Nah, stay where you are. farmer.gif

MM

Guest mesa boogie
hhmmmm, I get up around 6:30, get the baby out of bed, open his curtains and take a quick look at Ashton Gate from the window.

...and then think it's very handy living near a B&Q?

Guest hairyshamrock
whereas, in a similar scenario, you would think.....ahhh, very handy living next to a dilapidated rugby ground

snack.gif

chant6ez.gifcity.gifchant6ez.gifcity.gifchant6ez.gif

Nice one!!!

You know, they even have stadiums built of this new fangled stuff called METAL... you should ask your chairman to try it, i tell you, it'll replace wood in a lot of ways before long...!

chant6ez.giffarmer.gifcity.gif

Guest mesa boogie
chant6ez.gif  city.gif  chant6ez.gif  city.gif  chant6ez.gif

Nice one!!! 

You know, they even have stadiums built of this new fangled stuff called METAL... you should ask your chairman to try it, i tell you, it'll replace wood in a lot of ways before long...!

chant6ez.gif  farmer.gif  city.gif

Haha, keep them coming. I remember when I saw Ashton Gate as a tidy stadium but now I look at the likes of Hull, Huddersfield, Reading, Wigan, Preston etc etc your's is poor (obviously not as poor as our shed though).

Haha, keep them coming. I remember when I saw Ashton Gate as a tidy stadium but now I look at the likes of Hull, Huddersfield, Reading, Wigan, Preston etc etc your's is poor (obviously not as poor as our shed though).

Um, character come to mind...something you lack along with many of the stadiums you have listed city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

MM

Guest hairyshamrock
(obviously not as poor as our shed though)

Exactly true, people in glass houses and all that... still, glass would also be a step in the right direction for you...!

Mesa Boogie!

24 hour ago I had respect for your humour, now I can see you got a nasty streak in you!

Comparing our grounds is stupid we have the San Siro of the west and you got a park pitch covered in c**p!

Still come July we'll be able to purify it for you!

Haldane sponsored by Ronseal next year! razz.gif

Guest sprout1883
chant6ez.gif  city.gif  chant6ez.gif  city.gif  chant6ez.gif

Nice one!!! 

chant6ez.gif  farmer.gif  city.gif

Just like your hardboard seats then that cover your ground.

If someone ever took a match to them whistling.gif

The only good thing about moving back to bristol, would be having to spend less money to watch the same cr*p every other week

Guest sprout1883
There is such thing as too much information.  blink.gif

i missd off the smiley.

Anyway I bet you don't sit on the seats, you probably have to stand on them to see over the top of the guy (or gal) in front laugh.gif

i missd off the smiley.

Anyway I bet you don't sit on the seats, you probably have to stand on them to see over the top of the guy (or gal) in front  laugh.gif

Hey it's not Stu's fault he fought the inch war and lost ohmy.gif

Mind you I can't say much pinch.gif

Guest mesa boogie

Haha, it's all poo and giggles. To be honest neither of our grounds are exactly things of beauty and I much prefer having some terracing.

Haha, it's all poo and giggles. To be honest neither of our grounds are exactly things of beauty and I much prefer having some terracing.

Your club's got no soul mate, that's what comes of moving around all the time.

Ashton Gate is a great football ground steeped in history.

Generations of City fans have seen the beauty of it, you just haven't got the cultured eyes or the fortunate background to see it.

I'm sure Bristol Rugby fans think THEIR ground is beautiful too. razz.gif

And what sort of history do those soulless new grounds have? None whatsoever. Whereas Ashton Gate contains the history and memories of great times experienced by generations of City supporters. It'd be a very sad day indeed if City ever left Ashton Gate.

You are spot on about the terracing though. The Gate did lose virtually all of it's atmosphere once it became an all-seater. sad.gif

Guest MaloneFM

Boys and girls be NICE now. Stop this bickering.

So reasons for living near the Gate.

There's a Halfords close by.

YOU CALLING OUR GROUND HALFORDS? BETTER THAN YOUR PIGSTY...and away we go.

Young David is right there is a B&Q or Homebase or whatever the iromongers is called close to the ground. And a Halfords and a KFC.

Now thats all he meant. Nothing malicious. Everybody breathe deeply.

Now lets all get our kit off and jump in Uncle Rogers jacuzzi. Come on!

Guest sprout1883
Boys and girls be NICE now. Stop this bickering.

So reasons for living near the Gate.

There's a Halfords close by.

YOU CALLING OUR GROUND HALFORDS? BETTER THAN YOUR PIGSTY...and away we go.

Young David is right there is a B&Q or Homebase or whatever the iromongers is called close to the ground. And a Halfords and a KFC.

Now thats all he meant. Nothing malicious. Everybody breathe deeply.

Now lets all get our kit off and jump in Uncle Rogers jacuzzi. Come on!

calm down Rog, plenty of time for that later.

KFC surely the only reason to move near the gate

Archived