IGNORED

Away Allocation

stfc_dave

We're going to need more than that and you'll have to give it to us by law  doh.gif

Wil that allocation just be extended into the Williams or will the extras be put elsewhere?

"By law" we would only need to give you more in the FA Cup. As far as I'm aware, there is no limit in League games. If we follow your logic, "by law" Man Ure would have been sanctioned long ago for the number of tickets that they make available to away fans for Premiership fixtures (roughly 3% of their capacity).

The other thing to bear in mind is that we've sold over 7,000 season tickets which lowers the number of tickets available to the other punters. We are unlikely to have the "luxury" that say clubs like Swindon do of being able to offer vast swathes of their ground to away fans because nobody from Swindon can be bothered to go anymore. razz.gif

Scooter Red

• Admin

Away fan stats;

City at Swindle.......................... Swindle at City

01/02

02/03

3,060............................................ 857

03/04

04/05

If you recall, there was a club (which one, eludes me) that played for a season and admitted no away fans - I don't think there is any obligation to admit away fans to the ground.

I thought for the league it was 10% or a figure like 1200 which ever is lowest, however if it is unsafe to give 10% to the away fans then a reduced number can be given to the away fans.

No the club can allocate what ever it likes for league games and something like upto 25% for cup games.

MM

Away fan stats;

01/02

02/03

03/04

04/05

If you recall, there was a club (which one, eludes me) that played for a season and admitted no away fans - I don't think there is any obligation to admit away fans to the ground.

I think it was Torquay.

Of course West Midlands police have been trying to prevent away fans attending games in their area for some time.

Away fan stats;

01/02

02/03

03/04

04/05

Luton when they were in the old first division i think banned all away support for a while.

Guest Tactical Genius

They tried.

If the tories had had their way we would have all been banned from away games and carrying ID cards.

The home club should provide 2000 seats or 10% of the capacity for the away fans, whichever is the lower. This figure can be further reduced by application to the Football League.

Source: The Football League web site

Section 31.2

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...0794~888,00.pdf

Sorry, its a slow day in work sleeping.gif

Exactly "Red under the bed" - and we have made that application succesfully I believe. therefore, if Swindon manage to sell 'em all, we will see 800 of you there!!! wink.gif

The club are allocating the 800 but I believe this will allo home fans behind them in the Williams. They are selling no season tickets in the area behinf though and are able to admit more away fans if required. Usually it isnt required. For Swindon, I would expect you to have 1200ish tickets.

Didn't that happen only a couple of seasons ago?

I remember watching the Football League Review one night and I think it may have been our Division where some Away Team won a match 1-0 or something and ended up clapping to a bunch of empty seats as none of their fans were allowed into the ground?!

Anyone else remember this?!? dunno.gif

Didn't that happen only a couple of seasons ago?

I remember watching the Football League Review one night and I think it may have been our Division where some Away Team won a match 1-0 or something and ended up clapping to a bunch of empty seats as none of their fans were allowed into the ground?!

Anyone else remember this?!?  dunno.gif

think it was stoke at Millwall but the next season they introduced the id card system.

Isn't it 10% if required?

I might be wrong, I ain't that bright innit  dunno.gif

I think that the Swindles will bring plenty now that we've signed half their team. It'll be like a home game for them (only this one will have an atmosphere and a capacity crowd dance.gif )

Archived