IGNORED

Dario On Coaching This Week

cheshire_red

After experiencing the disappointment of conceeding a 90th minute equaliser to bitter rivals Sjoke, his first game back after minor heart surgery, Dario, in his own column in the Crewe Chronicle stated:

"I'm delighted that we don't have a midweek fixture this week as we will be having a 'PLAYER IMPROVEMENT' week and doing a lot of work on technique, especially shooting, heading, finishing and crossing as well as the usual fitness work and ensuring the players can last a high pace 90 minutes."

Can I nominate a number of City players to spend the week at Crewe next week.

He finished the column with:

"After the Leeds revelations I was listening to a local radio phone in after our game and everyone was saying that we should spend.

"I only had one question - where was the money coming from? You can spend what you haven't got, but then you end up in a real mess,

"Fortunately, I've never been under any pressure to do anything stupid like that here."

Amen to that common sense.

Surely this links to your other posting CR. Crewe must be one of the clubs that are in a better position since they got a new manager, it's so long ago I can't remember where they started! :Confused13:

Continuity, has meant fantastic success for a club of their size, and they have rebuilt their ground on the money he has earned for them in developing players and selling them on. :D

As someone who works in HR, I often wonder if any of the league management teams run appraisal systems with the players to highlight areas of improvement. So many players seem to work on their strengths instead of their weaknesses.

If anybody does I would think it would be Dario, every player that goes through that club improves themselves in some way.

Archived