IGNORED

Name That Trust

greenun

Dear All,

In order to take the Trust Initiative forward, the Working Party need YOUR help to find the all important name.

Sadly those upstarts at Cheltenham Town have just registered The Robins Trust, so the bird has well and truly flown. However, with the creative genius of forum members I'm sure you can come up with something better.

To salivate your imaginative juices, the following link lists the names of all the current Supporters Trusts (and their websites) in England and Wales.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/englandwales/links.htm

Furthermore, we'll also need a decent website address (domain name). Eg www.bcst.co.uk

We look forward to receiving your input.

Kind regards

Mark Tovey

Not sure about a name yet, but I did like the Ipswich Town supporters trust Website name

www.ipswichtownfirst.com

Are we allowed to copy that idea, i.e.

www.bristolcityfcfirst.com maybe?

Bristol City Supporters trust, or is that too boring?

Dollymarie

Dear All,

In order to take the Trust Initiative forward, the Working Party need YOUR help to find the all important name.

Sadly those upstarts at Cheltenham Town have just registered The Robins Trust, so the bird has well and truly flown. However, with the creative genius of forum members I'm sure you can come up with something better.

To salivate your imaginative juices, the following link lists the names of all the current Supporters Trusts (and their websites) in England and Wales.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/englandwales/links.htm

Furthermore, we'll also need a decent website address (domain name). Eg www.bcst.co.uk

We look forward to receiving your input.

Kind regards

Mark Tovey

Just make sure you don't make the same mistake as Southmead Hospital nearly did when hospital trusts were first introduced in the early 90's. They were apparently toying with the name Southmead Hospital Independent Trust.

The wurzels trust,

The ooh arr me babber trust

The right me luvver trust

The gertlush trust.

The combine 'arvesters trust

Sorry I will try and be sensible from now on!

Dollymarie

Still think Ciderheads Trust, but I love the way the "Gertlush Trust" rolls off the tongue!!! chant6ez.gif

Be wise to think of that 'off' the board, so that nobody tries to leach the domain before its registered smile.gif

Just make sure you don't make the same mistake as Southmead Hospital nearly did when hospital trusts were first introduced in the early 90's. They were apparently toying with the name Southmead Hospital Independent Trust.

Could've done well to keep that then laugh.gif

Could've done well to keep that then  laugh.gif

i'm proud to be one!

bit of an unsinkable, floating around in this division for years. doh.gif

So the shortlist of serious responses so far include:

* bristolcityfcfirst

* Bristol City Supporters Trust

* Ciderheads Trust

* Trust Br1stol City

* Trust Bristol City

* Br1stolCity

* YouAreMyCity

* Don'tTakeMyCityAway

* One Team in Bristol Trust

* Betterthandeadtrust

* The Robins Trust*

(*Although as greenun rightly points out Cheltenham have just registered this as their name, it doesn't preclude us from using too)

This topic is on the agenda for Thursday night's meeting so any more suggestions before then would be warmly received.

My girtlushtrust idea was serious!  dance.gif

Dollymarie

If you'd like me to add it to the list I will...

Personally I'm not sure about it as the official name but I think it could make an excellent strap line in marketing it;

The <AGREED NAME> Trust

...the gert lush trust!

Personally I'm not sure about it as the official name but I think it could make an excellent strap line in marketing it;

The <AGREED NAME> Trust

...the gert lush trust!

For the record Milo, of the shortlist thus far my vote is:

Trust Name: Bristol City FC First

URL: www.br1stolcityfc.com

*Subject to change, if someone provides other inpsired suggestions.

Personally I like The Bristol City Trust or Trust Bristol City as a legal name.. straight forward and no need to be complicated in my opinion.

For a website, I like Don'tTakeMyCityAway.... or as a strap line.

The <AGREED NAME> Trust

...the gert lush trust!

Groovy!

And it was me what mentioned Bristolcityfcfirst anyway.

Dollymarie

How about:

Robins United

(it describes the purpose of the Trust, uses a word with a strong football connotation, and allows the Trust to use a robin in its logo).

Or:

Robins Cousins

(it describes the common bond of the supporters, allows us to use a Robin in the logo, and gives a nod to one of Bristol's true sporting legends and in so doing confirms that I am joking about this one!)

Or:

Robins Cousins

(it describes the common bond of the supporters, allows us to use a Robin in the logo, and gives a nod to one of Bristol's true sporting legends and in so doing confirms that I am joking about this one!)

You're definitely skating on thin ice their Milo!

How about:

The Bristol City Voice

Stating that we're a voice for the fans.

Or simply:

The A City Trust

Spouting a diplomatic acronym.

Guest DrFaustus

As your organisation aims to gain a small share ownership for the fans, why not..

City Limited Intervention Trust Society. It would sum you all up beautifully. biggrin.gif

Archived