IGNORED

Bristol City Songs

JudgeRed

s h ag connors and the carrot crunchers did a song about bristol city

called '' ON BRISTOL CITY'' in 1982.

One of the first singles I bought with my own money. Quality! smile.gif

Drink up thee cider wasn't a Bristol City song. It has been adopted by us as Adge Cutler pinned his colours to the mast most City fans have an affection towards the Wurzles and an obvious identity with the accent (but not the dress)

Therefore most of the Wurzles songs are sung by City fans:

Where be that blackbird to

Morning Glory (Now one for the Bristol City)

I am a cider drinker - Anything else to do with cider for that matter

You could even argue that Rolf Harris did a song for the Reds with "Two little boys" as that has been sung at various setting by the 3 Lions boys amounst others.

Hi Ho Silver Lining was adopted by all football fans in the 70s but still sung with gusto by City ala Sheffield Weds away last season!

The best songs for identity still come from that era and are generally made up as opposed to sung by any band, but we do have quite a few new ones that we have made our own

The family (Swinedon, Plymuff, Bahdiff, etc)

One of those teams

My ole man

Leroy Lita is our friend

and of course Your brother's in borstal......

New or old keep em coming

Guest DrFaustus
Can somone please help me. Apart from "one for the Bristol city" and "Drink up thee cider" sung by The Wurzels. What other songs are there about Bristol City. ?

'I don't like you' by Stiff Little Fingers is one, 'Fade away and radiate' by Blondie is another.

Guest mesa boogie
'I don't like you' by Stiff Little Fingers is one, 'Fade away and radiate' by Blondie is another.

Not to mention Wrong Side of the River by Hell is for Heroes.

I got told by my good friend that the song Thriller, by Michael Jackson and Paul Mcartney's the frog song followed the inspiration that Agogo brought on the outside world at birth...

If you mix em both together, you can see a scary likeness...

user posted image

+

user posted image

=

user posted image

And "back where you belong" by Foreigner was an anthem for away fans visiting the mem hole...

You bunch of sag headed chumbawumbas!

Oo Las Vegas, by Gram Parsons (also covered by Emmylou Harris) contains the line:

"Every time I hit you Bristol City

You know you're going to make a fool outta me"

Cornelius

PS: it might really be "Crystal City" to some pedants, but it's always been Bristol City to me!

s h ag connors and the carrot crunchers did a song about bristol city

called '' ON BRISTOL CITY'' in 1982.

I bought that one aswell, one of the songs was "there'll always be a Bristol" to the tune of the Vera Lynn classic, anyway the chorus went

There'll always be a Bristol

they play in wind and rain

Bought from the old club shop,........on a day of an abandoned game, because it was raining!! disapointed2se.gif

It was a medley : On Bristol City > There'll Always Be A Bristol > Glory Glory Bristol City

I have a WAV file of it. Anyone know where I can post it without fear of using up all my bandwidth?

Don't forget 'When the Red Red Robin comes bob bob bobbin along' on the B side.

Beautifully sung, brings a tear to the eye. blink.gif

Just had a look at my signed copy, it's called the Bristol City Trilogy, on Carrot Records.

Will get a play, as usual, on the first day of the new season. city.gif

It was a medley : On Bristol City > There'll Always Be A Bristol > Glory Glory Bristol City

I have a WAV file of it. Anyone know where I can post it without fear of using up all my bandwidth?

pm me

and we'll arrange to get it sent to me i'll sort something out on line for it farmer.gif

pm me

and we'll arrange to get it sent to me i'll sort something out on line for it  farmer.gif

Isn't it on Limewire? If not, can you get it in to your shared directory? smile.gif

At the end of the day, if I can download "Big Bad John" for the old man, any songs a possibility!

I haven't heard On Bristol City for about 10 years, but, still managed to sing the whole thing on the way to work this morning. A generation has been denied a classic! biggrin.gif

pm me

and we'll arrange to get it sent to me i'll sort something out on line for it  farmer.gif

Thanks cider head. The file is online at :

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shagconnors/files/

You need to join the group to get to it (simple and fast process). Perhaps then you could post it somewhere more accessible?

And Neo, I too could remember all the words despite not having heard it for several years until last night when I remembered I had that file. The kids of today don't know what they've missed!

I have "one for the bristol City on CD, if I could work out how to send it to you I would.

Dollymarie

Just downloading that one myself from Limewire!

Even if I can work out how to send it, I won't! biggrin.gif

Like it Percy, "'cause things ain't what they sound!"

However, I have a 78 of "When the red red Robin" which is in decent condition and could, (should you have the nouse) be re-recorded onto CD and presented to the club to be played as and when required on match days.

If anybody is interested ,

please e-mail me on d.a.wiltshire@talk21.com chant6ez.gif

lye_Ball  Posted Today, 12:56 PM

I never miss an opportunity to shamelessly plug my effort at a city song... It was quite popular in its day! dance.gif

Goodnight Irene

sure was popular eyle, infact ive got a copy kicking about in the cd drawer somewhere. Just downloaded the vid again, made me laugh in a comedy way.

Thanks cider head. The file is online at :

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shagconnors/files/

You need to join the group to get to it (simple and fast process). Perhaps then you could post it somewhere more accessible?

And Neo, I too could remember all the words despite not having heard it for several years until last night when I remembered I had that file. The kids of today don't know what they've missed!

nice one cheers..

i will convert it to mp3 and do a remaster on the sound in cool edit pro farmer.gifchant6ez.gif

Archived